Lightweight bibs

spasypaddy
spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
edited July 2016 in Road buying advice
Does anyone own these?

Do you think in hot weather they make much of a difference?

I understand the benefits of a lightweight jersey, baselayer etc but i didnt personally think my legs were too hot last year in 30degree plus heat.

Any suggestions of some to get if you do use them?

Comments

• Less sweaty bollix
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • I've got a couple of pairs of Etxeondo Feather Bibshorts. Nicely made, great material and comfortable enough for a century ride in hot weather. The compromise is the thickness of the pad, though it's never troubled me.
    I'll be modelling them in Spain this September :wink:
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • spasypaddy
    I've got a couple of pairs of Etxeondo Feather Bibshorts. Nicely made, great material and comfortable enough for a century ride in hot weather. The compromise is the thickness of the pad, though it's never troubled me.
    I'll be modelling them in Spain this September :wink:
    thats where im riding :) september near alicante :)

last year it was 32-40 degrees, and i also rode in israel in the middle of summer. never thought id want lightweight bibs. i've got access to a washing machine so maybe only 2 pairs are necessary.

maybe those and the castelli inferno would do the trick. would love the rapha pro team lightweights but they are the same cost as my holiday :shock:
  • spasypaddy wrote:

Yeah I know. I stalk you on Twitter :D
    I'll be 5kms from Coll de Rates. Vuelta rides past my door on the 10th.
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy wrote:

Yeah I know. I stalk you on Twitter :D
    I'll be 5kms from Coll de Rates. Vuelta rides past my door on the 10th.
    im coming up for the TT and then staying in Javea, then riding back down the next day maybe viewing the road stage somewhere if im not too hungover. but its a 130km ride back...