bike relocation

parulverman
parulverman Posts: 3
edited July 2016 in Road general
I am moving my house and need to transport 10 bikes with me,so i need help of a professional relocator

Comments

• I would suggest that you go to your local bike shop, and ask for some of their old bike boxes, the ones that their new stock is delivered in. Pack your bikes up in those.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    wow! the n+1 is strong in this one!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Whats wrong with a removal van ? Bit of old carpet or foam in between each bike. No drama.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,613
    Ride the bikes one at a time to the new house and jog back. Excellent exercise.
  • debeli
    debeli Posts: 583
    We have more than ten bicycles in the family home but:

1. There are five of us, aged 17 to 52 and we all ride quite a lot.
    2. We've had this home for 20 years and it has large outhouses and cellars, so storage is not an issue.

In your position (and unless the bikes are spread among several users) I would:

1. Thin out the collection. What is so lovely about each of the bikes that it absolutely has to be kept?
    2. Move them as one would move any other furniture. In a Luton Transit, Hi-Roof LT or similar. Rent from the famous Dutch master, Hertz Van Rentals (other firms exist) and just stow them with care.
    3. Consider more than just the complete bikes. We have a dozen or more complete bikes in the family collection, but also several crates of old wheels, tyres, brake components, pedals, handlebars, racks, lamps, pumps, panniers, workshop stands, tools.... the list is almost endless.

You may find that the ten bicycles are the least of your worries.

But if they are all yours and nobody else rides them, I'd take the first five you'd rescue from a burning shed and sell or chuck the rest, or donate to cycling friends or family.
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    ^ you're not suggesting that someone doesn't need 10 bikes now are you?

Well, that's the daftest thing I've ever read on here.

;)
  • sonamjain
    sonamjain Posts: 1
    I had made use of http://www.shipler.in/car-bike-shipping/ when i had to transport my bike
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Is this elaborate spam I wonder?
  • debeli
    debeli Posts: 583
    Fenix wrote:
    Is this elaborate spam I wonder?

Surely not!

Both the OP and the helpful link provider have been members for a long time (up to and including a day or two).

Both the OP and the helpful link provider have posted on several other topics (up to and including none).

I find the whole thing utterly credible and quite innocent.