P-R Intro route (FAO Pross)

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,383
edited July 2016 in Pro race
Hi Guys

Does anyone have a nice route around the Paris Roubaix Sectors? We re trying to break up the journey back from the Alps after a 2 week trip so we don't want to do too much but we thought'we'd take the opportunity to have a look around...

Thanks (Pross)
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Am I allowed to help with this? How far are you looking to ride? Any bit you particularly want to ride or maybe avoid?
  • ddraver
    For sure! I think I actually meant you :oops: :oops: :oops:

I think a 100km loop would be good. It would be good to do the famous Secteurs. I was thinking of doing the Arenburg forest to Carrefour de lárbe and then finding a campsite somewhere in between those places...

Douai looks nice or in the National parc
    - @ddraver
  • greasedscotsman
    I think if you followed the route from Arenberg to Gruson, it's about 80km. Don't think you would be able to ride out and then back to somewhere like Douai in around 100km. You could cut some sections out by riding from the end of Arenberg straight to Orchies. Or maybe from Orchies to Cysoing, although that would mean missing out Mons-en-Pévèle. Not sure how much difference in distance this would make, I'd have to map it out on Strava or something.
  • greasedscotsman
    No idea about campsites, not really my thing. And no idea about Douai. I usually stay in Valenciennes, but not really sure that would suit what you're trying to do.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,442
    I was wondering how to help having never been there! I thought about just making something up but the expert got there first.
  • greasedscotsman
    OK, I've had a look at the different routes I suggested with Strava. If you ride the route from Arenberg to Gruson, it's 81.3km. If you did Arenberg to Gruson, but took a shortcut from Orchies to Cysoing (which would cut out Mons-en-Pévèle, Pont-Thibaut, Templeuve, etc) it's 62.5km. And if you did Arenberg to Gruson, but took a shortcut from the end of Arenberg to Orchies (cutting out Wallers, Hornaing, Brillion, etc) it's 66.2km. They might give you enough km to get to and from where you are camping.

I can send you a link to the Strava files if that's of any help.
  • ddraver
    That would be great GS, I ve PM'd you
    - @ddraver
  • greasedscotsman
    Yup, got that. I'll try and sort that out at lunchtime.
  • greasedscotsman
    Did you get them?