Cover for me loaf

SME
SME Posts: 348
edited June 2016 in Road buying advice
I'm doing my first sportive on Sunday and, predictably for the UK, the odd shower is forecast.

I have some wet gear, and have been out and bought a Castelli Squadra jacket. But not sure about headgear.

Have been into my LBS and they have an Altura helmet cover, or my other consideration was a Sealskinz cap.

Any ideas as to what's best for the odd summer shower, any points I should consider such as ventilation or having a peak to keep goggles rain free - does it?

All input gratefully welcome
Thanks,
Steve

Comments

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    A simple cotton cycling cap, or nothing.
  • Assos Raincap_S7
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I doubt it's going to be cold. Id go with the cap or nothing.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    I have one of these:
    http://www.wiggle.com/gore-bike-wear-eq ... e-tex-cap/

Worn on may occasions, still good as new. Your head will sweat whatever you wear, but this keeps the cold rain off and the peak is excellent at stopping rain going into the eyes/onto glasses. I would recommend it highly.

Steve
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Cap indeed. I got a neoprene BBB helmet cover for touring last year. It's great at keeping heavy rain off but unless it is really cold, if you have to do any hard work (ie climbing), it just ends up drenched inside from your head sweat!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • SME
    SME Posts: 348
    Thanks all.

Looks like a majority for a cap. I'll see if I can search out the suggestions on here and try them. If not at least I know my LBS has a few caps hanging up that I can fall back on.

Cheers all,
    Steve