Tour stage info

jerome3
jerome3 Posts: 209
edited June 2016 in Pro race
Hi all heading over to take in stages 19,20 of le tour any advice on travelling times places to watch etc were stayin in Saint Jean de sixt

Comments

• cc78
    cc78 Posts: 599
    Stage 20 goes through St-Jean de Sixt; you could go watch on the Col de la Colombiere, which starts 5 minutes along the road. If you have a bike with you then I would just start cycling up the hill until you find a good spot.

For stage 19, you could try the Col de la Forclaz, overlooking Lake Annecy. The summit is about 30km from St-Jean, you'll need to get there reasonably sharpish though as it's quite early in the stage. Failing that the summit finish above St-Gervais will be good. The quickest route (through Megeve) is about 45km from St-Jean although this will also be subject to road closures on the day. The long way round (via the Col de la Colombiere) is about 65km each way.
  • jerome3
    Hi unfortunately no bike just a wife lol had thought about Saint gervais and joux plane do I no where I could find info on road closures? I'm assuming it would b a case of park and walk?
  • cc78
    cc78 Posts: 599
    St-Gervais road closure info here: http://www.saintgervais.com/php/sitra/p ... ERVAIS.pdf

In short - you will be able to drive there before midday, via the long route over the Col de la Colombiere as per my post above.

My advice would be to park in St-Gervais and get the Bettex cable car up to the summit finish.

Joux Plane - check the Samoens and Morzine tourist office websites for info, although it will be difficult for you to get there from St-Jean de Sixt given it's the same route as the race.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Might you be able to get the lift up from Les Gets to top of Joux Plane?
  • jerome3
    Its looking like saint gervais and the colombiere then thanx for the help guys