Roubaix, Cube Agree or Giant Defy? budget of £2500

Chill_of_south
Chill_of_south Posts: 2
edited June 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I'm about to make my first upgrade purchase, having ridden a Boardman Team Comp for the last 4 years.

I have a budget of £2500 and am mainly a weekend warrior (50 miles plus) but when training for summer sportives,(100ks and 100miles) will often ride 5 times a week. My main issue is comfort over distance, not necessarily speed, hence the choices below.

Am currently considering the Specialized Roubaix sl4 comp, with Di2 ultegra (but a mixed set)
The Cube Agree c62 Race - its complete ultegra (not Di2, but a full set) and has hydro disc brakes (and also looks the nicest)
or the Giant Defy Advanced Pro 2, same set up as the Cube, although with cheaper rims.

Am about to take them all out for a test run (Cycle Surgery has offered that service!)

Does anyone have any advice on which to go for or avoid, regardless of a 20/30 minute test ride?

Thanks

D

Comments

• mcxfisher
    mcxfisher Posts: 39
    Provided that it is properly set up to fit, you will undoubtedly find the Roubaix very comfortable and quick. I don't know anything about the Cube.

Had you considered adding the Trek Domane (new SLR version) and Cannondale Synapse to your list of bikes to try? Both are exceptionally comfortable.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    First compare specs and prices to get an idea of what the bikes offer. Then make list of what you want from a bike ride and spec e.g. Di2, hydraulic brakes, high / low front end etc.

Then use the test ride to see if you like the look, fit and ride of the bike. Hopefully you can then choose the bike that makes you want to ride it the most.
  • odessouky
    odessouky Posts: 264
    Hi,

I'm about to make my first upgrade purchase, having ridden a Boardman Team Comp for the last 4 years.

I have a budget of £2500 and am mainly a weekend warrior (50 miles plus) but when training for summer sportives,(100ks and 100miles) will often ride 5 times a week. My main issue is comfort over distance, not necessarily speed, hence the choices below.

Am currently considering the Specialized Roubaix sl4 comp, with Di2 ultegra (but a mixed set)
    The Cube Agree c62 Race - its complete ultegra (not Di2, but a full set) and has hydro disc brakes (and also looks the nicest)
    or the Giant Defy Advanced Pro 2, same set up as the Cube, although with cheaper rims.

Am about to take them all out for a test run (Cycle Surgery has offered that service!)

Does anyone have any advice on which to go for or avoid, regardless of a 20/30 minute test ride?

Thanks

D

I'm currently researching the same exact thing....

I think you should look primarily at which frame is the most comfortable and suited to you...and wether you want disc or standard rim brakes..

At £2500 all the bikes will have fairly good specs...but that can always be upgraded / changed..

The frame will be the important factor IMO...

Compare the Stack - Reach - Headtube length on each of your models...and that will help give you an idea of which will be more gentle on your back....and then of course you have to take a good test ride...

Over the past month I've test rode:
    Roubaix SL4 Disc: Extremely comfortable bike...but was sluggish and heavy
    Cann Synapse: Nice blend of comfort and speed. Very responsive

Yet to ride:
    Defy Advanced Pro
    Domane 5.2
    Look 765

Good luck...