Bike Rack

AllAboutGuitar
AllAboutGuitar Posts: 47
edited July 2016 in MTB general
Hey everyone :D

My driving test (2nd time's the charm) is next week on wednesday (29th June), ahh scary.

As soon as I pass, because I have a lot of free time in my summer, i'm getting the insurance sorted then packing up my bike and getting away from crappy Lincolnshire for once. Pretty much i'd just like to get out and go to the peak district or a bike park... anywhere, go for a proper ride, you know what I mean.

I was wondering if anybody could recommend a bike rack for my car, 1993 Rover Metro 1.1 S, please?

I know there aren't many '93 Metros about or bike racks that fit them, I think last time I checked around 200 still taxed. But if you could swing me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    Any universal rack will fit, try Halfords or eBay

Personally I'd get a roof rack and bike stand considering your Metro isn't very high, you can still get to the boot then
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Saris Bones rack is cheap and should fit. Doesn't fit some full suspension frames though.
    I had a Metro as my first car. Great car for prevention of unwanted pregnancy and avoiding STD's!
  • bigmitch41
    bigmitch41 Posts: 685
    Anything by Thule that's compatible and you wont go wrong.
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • Rookie1986
    Rookie1986 Posts: 153
    I agree, try to get a roof rack and a Thule carrier to go on top, I got the aero bars and 598 at the start of this year and prefer it 100x over the Saris Bones 3 which I had previously. I just bought a 591 so I can now carry two bikes, its by far the best setup I've had and beats any of the strapped to your boot style setups hands down!!
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    A set of roof bars would cost more than his/her Metro though.
  • A set of roof bars would cost more than his/her Metro though.

His :D

The compatible ones I found on Thule's website actually cost less than the car, comes to just over £180.

Then having a look at similar Metro's on AutoTrader it's now worth about £1000, give or take £100.

Anyone want a Metro? :D;) :') JK of course, it's fuel consumption is amazing!