Defy 2

Holdey
Holdey Posts: 38
edited July 2016 in Road beginners
:D hi all. Finally got my new 2016 defy 2. Upgraded from a carrerra tdf. My god what a difference . It was like if i had a 50cc motor attached to the bike. It makes a hell of a difference. I loved my carerra when i had it and it really got me into cycling but i cant explain how much of a difference riding a giant defy is. If you get chance to upgrade or are looking for a new bike. Try the defy. Cant wait to get out again and give it a good try out. Im new to cycling only taken ul about a year ago but the difference between the two bikes even tk a novice is noticable.

Cheers holdey

Comments

• crannman
    crannman Posts: 99
    upgraded a year ago from a Carrera to a defy 2 couldn't believe the difference my mileage went up only thing I did was change the saddle to a selle italia trouble is now I'm wondering what it like to ride a even better bike
  • zx6man
    zx6man Posts: 1,092
    Not a good post, I have a tdf, never thought there would be so much different for other bikes under a grand... now it may cost me money
  • Holdey
    :D sorry mate but if you do get a new bike it will definitely be worth it. I qas a newbie and was wondering if it would make any difference to me but omg it is
  • penski
    penski Posts: 124
    Holdey wrote:
    :D hi all. Finally got my new 2016 defy 2. Upgraded from a carrerra tdf. My god what a difference . It was like if i had a 50cc motor attached to the bike. It makes a hell of a difference. I loved my carerra when i had it and it really got me into cycling but i cant explain how much of a difference riding a giant defy is. If you get chance to upgrade or are looking for a new bike. Try the defy. Cant wait to get out again and give it a good try out. Im new to cycling only taken ul about a year ago but the difference between the two bikes even tk a novice is noticable.

Cheers holdey

I've had a cheap £300 hybrid for years whilst I looked at whether cycling would continue to hold my interest, it did - and I'm about to upgrade to a 105/Ultegra level bike. Very much looking forward to experiencing what you have
  • fatdaz
    fatdaz Posts: 348
    Penski wrote:
    Holdey wrote:

Cheers holdey

I've had a cheap £300 hybrid for years whilst I looked at whether cycling would continue to hold my interest, it did - and I'm about to upgrade to a 105/Ultegra level bike. Very much looking forward to experiencing what you have

Less cash?
  • Holdey
    Hi all managed a 75 mile ride today. Only problem had knee probloms on right leg. Not sure why