Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 Di2

gweeds
gweeds Posts: 2,564
edited July 2016 in Your road bikes
New bike arrival this week.

Despite my issues with Canyon last year a couple of friends used them recently and delivery was swift. This arrived a week earlier than estimated and it was flawless this time (as it was with my Ultimate early last year):

27260389403_2cbdd2b021_b.jpg

First ride the other day and it's swift indeed. Stock aside from sticking a Dura-Ace chainset on and changed the saddle from an Arione to an Antares.
Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Tasty
  • Very nice!
  • Top notch
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    Beastly. Stunning bike.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Holy shit, that is nice

If I was buying another bike, that is exactly the make and model I'd be buying
  • jonsi
    jonsi Posts: 44
    I like that!!!
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Can't beat a horizontal top tube.
  • aberdeenal
    aberdeenal Posts: 200
    Nice :-)

How does is compare to your Ultimate?
  • gweeds
    Thanks all

AberdeenAl

Very different feels. The back feels stiffer but that could be the wheels as much as the frame as the Mavics on the Ultimate are a bit wiggly out of the saddle. The Ultimate feels a little quicker off the mark and again I'd put that down to the wheels. Once at 18mph+ the Aeroad holds speed much more easily as you'd hope. Position feels very similar albeit with a lower front on the Aeroad (in no way too low though).

Given the choice of one or the other I'd go for the Aeroad now.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • madden2011
    madden2011 Posts: 142
    Very Nice!

Have had my Aeroad just over a year now and a dream to ride. Even better now that I finally got round to putting a 25mm tyre on the rear to make it even more comfortable!
  • gweeds
    This came with a 23mm on the front and a 25mm on the rear. I've swapped the front out for another 25mm.
  • aberdeenal
    Gweeds wrote:
    Thanks all

AberdeenAl

Very different feels. The back feels stiffer but that could be the wheels as much as the frame as the Mavics on the Ultimate are a bit wiggly out of the saddle. The Ultimate feels a little quicker off the mark and again I'd put that down to the wheels. Once at 18mph+ the Aeroad holds speed much more easily as you'd hope. Position feels very similar albeit with a lower front on the Aeroad (in no way too low though).

Given the choice of one or the other I'd go for the Aeroad now.

Cheers for that :-)
  • gweeds
    Pleasure.

I'll be riding it a lot more over the next few weeks as I've been very pushed for time since getting it. I'll report back more (if anyone actually cares)
  • bsharp77
    bsharp77 Posts: 533
    Gweeds wrote:
    Pleasure.

I'll be riding it a lot more over the next few weeks as I've been very pushed for time since getting it. I'll report back more (if anyone actually cares)

Please do keep us updated Gweeds - I've been trying to decide on an Ultimate or Aeroad for a couple of months and keep changing my mind, so any updates much appreciated. The bike looks amazing by the way! :)
  • gweeds
    Will do!!

Of course the new Ultimate complicates things!!
  • bsharp77
    bsharp77 Posts: 533
    Gweeds wrote:
    Will do!!

Of course the new Ultimate complicates things!!

:lol::lol:
    Indeed! To be honest both bikes far outweigh my talent, so either would be more than good enough!
    Im leaning slightly towards the ultimate, but I've changed my mind at least 10 times already.... :shock:

Waiting to see if they might do any deals over the TDF which might help sway my decision!
  • gweeds
    Also reckon they'll launch a disc Ultimate this year.....

And I'm with you on the talent thing :D
  • aberdeenal
    Gweeds wrote:
    And I'm with you on the talent thing :D

Me too :) :oops:
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Just finishing the last bits on mine first ride the weekend.
  • gweeds
    Loving mine - beat my 25 mile PB today on a regular ride (as opposed to a proper TT) - just failed to get under the hour but 1:00:24 and 24.8mph average (500ft of climbing)
  • Stu517
    Stu517 Posts: 41
    What are the Reynolds strikes like? Do they handle crosswinds well?