Spd for random shoes

rokvicn
rokvicn Posts: 5
edited June 2016 in MTB beginners
Hello there,
I'm searching all over the internet to find something, I'd say so simple and yet, so useful. As a young biker, I was looking at my bike only as a training device. Never used it for transportation. As the time passed, and I began to study environmental science, I saw all those benefits of that adrenaline producer. Now. I use it often to go to work or enywhere else, so I can not really wear those fancy sneakers, but still, I wanna use spd pedals. Is it possible that such thing is so rare to find (or even impossible??) which I have on my mind. Some add on, little straps that go around your foot and have an spd connector at the bottom. I saw some home made fails, converse, all star, with attached spd at the bottom (maybe even superglued) but that is a whole different story.
When I thought of that device (straps around foot) I was sure that I'll find something like that on ali or ebay for a few euros, but when I made my research, shock! Maybe I just don't know the right name for that thing (obviously, english is not my native lang.). Any help? I really need spd's but don't want to by shoes just for biking (I saw some casual models, but still, I'd rather stick with what I got).

Comments

• kickaxe
    kickaxe Posts: 446
    Get the idea patented and start your own company.

Can you just leave your nice shoes at work and change into them there? Also, do you need to use sod? If not, you could use pretty much any shoe.
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
    -A new Giant Trance 3 2015!
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Kickaxe wrote:
    Get the idea patented and start your own company.

Can you just leave your nice shoes at work and change into them there? Also, do you need to use sod? If not, you could use pretty much any shoe.

It can't be patented. It would combine existing technologies plus describing it publicly (on here) would prevent a patent being granted.
    Plus I know I've seen it somewhere before, can't think where though.
  • kickaxe

It can't be patented. It would combine existing technologies plus describing it publicly (on here) would prevent a patent being granted.

You did catch the irony?
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
  • rokvicn
    Actually, I don't want nice fancy shoes, that's why I kade this thread, I'd rather stick with my oldfashioned Asics. The point is that I'm very often on my bike, I can't really go into national library with those cristianoronaldoglowingshoes (I see all those hate comments coming, but really, I don't wanna insult anyone, I'm just an amateur rider so I am asured that I don't need those). Anyway, maybe there is no such thing that was discribed at my post, maybe there is but it's available only on deep web and someone will reveal me that secret. However, I surely will find some solution, maybe some diy adaptation, so I'm posting here when it's finished (no patenting will be done (I can't even remember any known person famous for it's modesty to make a hashtag, but its good that kim and britney are famous, with those inspiring personalities, and, ofcourse, cr7, right?) if anyone, ever, search for something similar.
    *I need spd cause I'm driving through shittypartoftown (honestly every part of belgrade is shitty with all those massive holes on the road, which you need to jump over)
    **Remember where you saw it pleaseeee
  • kickaxe
    Learn to jump without clips
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    There are plenty of SPD shoes that look like regular trainers.

e.g.
    PR3C15042_mlg.jpg
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    Or just buy clips, most pointless thread ever
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Here you go:
    41U1Hhtnh-L.jpg

I've never understood why people can be so reluctant to buy shoes for riding. You'd buy shoes for pretty much any other activity. If it's that you don't want to carry them then leave a pair at work or buy really light weight shoes. I tend to leave my shoes at work but I also have a pair of folding shoes that are really light. They just glorified slippers really buy as they're leather they pass as suitably smart work shoes (these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Redfoot-Stirli ... B004YTNU8C).
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • rokvicn
    Maybe you don't know the difference between clips and clipless... I was trying to learn that shit (bunnyhop it's called, right) but wasn't stubborn enough. I'll definitely try it again when I find some time and some open space. The thing is that I get up at eight, pick up my bike, go to library, pretend I'm studying, then pick my bike again at ten, go for some cold coffee and billiards, then pick up my bike again, go to internet coffe to play some good old cs1.6, then I pick up my bike again and go to my bro's house for a beer, bike again, work, bike again, its late and I could see whats new in moulin rouge, is there some new blondie with big boobs, bike again, my gf is lonely so I need to pretend that I love her (just like she does I assume) but I can't sleep with her, she snores like a rhino (she says that for me too), so, bike again, some dh on a way back, gym, bike, skydiving, bike, basejumping, bike, home. Thanks for all alternative suggestions, but I really need that what I described, and again, my god! Is it such a big deal to look for something like that? Ofcourse I can learn to jump without clips, but still, there are many advantages of spd besides.
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    Well sounds like you have a lot of spare time to design exactly what you want or just continue your search on another forum, good luck :-)
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    RokvicN wrote:
    Maybe you don't know the difference between clips and clipless... I was trying to learn that shoot (bunnyhop it's called, right) but wasn't stubborn enough. I'll definitely try it again when I find some time and some open space. The thing is that I get up at eight, pick up my bike, go to library, pretend I'm studying, then pick my bike again at ten, go for some cold coffee and billiards, then pick up my bike again, go to internet coffe to play some good old cs1.6, then I pick up my bike again and go to my bro's house for a beer, bike again, work, bike again, its late and I could see whats new in moulin rouge, is there some new blondie with big boobs, bike again, my gf is lonely so I need to pretend that I love her (just like she does I assume) but I can't sleep with her, she snores like a rhino (she says that for me too), so, bike again, some dh on a way back, gym, bike, skydiving, bike, basejumping, bike, home. Thanks for all alternative suggestions, but I really need that what I described, and again, my god! Is it such a big deal to look for something like that? Ofcourse I can learn to jump without clips, but still, there are many advantages of spd besides.

Er Ok?

{Backs slowly away}
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • kickaxe
    ^^ :mrgreen:
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
  • rokvicn
    Kickaxe wrote:

You did catch the irony?