Need help ordering XT 1x11 groupset

288GTO
288GTO Posts: 79
edited June 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hey guys,

I have a rigid Giant 29er with SLX 3X10 groupset. I would like to upgrade to the XT 1x11 Drivetrain Groupset ($299 at Chainreaction, link below). Can someone tell me the difference between Bar Mount and I-Spec B?
Also I assume the left crank arm is included even though not pictured?

Thanks!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/e ... ramesforks

Comments

• FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    I think that i spec is a combination of brake and shifter on the one mount. Buy the bar mount if you just want the separate shifter. Yes you get both cranks. Expensive upgrade - enjoy! You may need to get a BB as well unless you have a good one on your frame.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Bar mount shifters have their own clamp to attach to the handle bars whereas i-Spec shifters mount on the brake lever clamp.

The gear shifter pictured in the link to CRC is i-Spec II, not i-Spec B.

Have a look HERE for the different i-Specs.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Any reason for choosing 1x11 over the (much cheaper to implement) 1x10? just something to think about.

You could go to 1x10 for circa £80 with an 11-42 cassette.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    The Rookie wrote:
    Any reason for choosing 1x11 over the (much cheaper to implement) 1x10? just something to think about.

You could go to 1x10 for circa £80 with an 11-42 cassette.

cause he probably wants the newest stuff.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    He may well do, was just throwing it in the pot!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Yep, depends if you can/ want to clamp it with your brake lever.
    '14 Whyte T129s-*DEAD*
    OnOne Codeine 29er