Routine...

Rez 27.5
Rez 27.5 Posts: 21
edited June 2016 in MTB general
What's the general consensus with a quick clean down after being out? And I mean quick, like rag, lub, store.

Forgive the amateur question of course, but I've been thinking about it and so put it out there.

What do you lot do after every ride? If you do anything.

Comments

• Rookie1986
    Rookie1986 Posts: 153
    If I'm looking to just do a quick clean down I usually just do the main areas (cassette, chain, etc etc) not forgetting things like the pivot points for rear shock
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    I find washing the bike quite satisfying so I have no problem with giving it a good going over after each ride. Plus it cost a lot of money so it's worth doing.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • nasha48
    nasha48 Posts: 231
    I simply look at the bike when you're back home and if it's just dry dirt it tends to go straight back in the garage after a quick chain rag. If it's got wet mud on linkages + drivetrain then it's a hose off job as a minimum.

Rule of thumb for me is don't let any dirt, wet or dry, build up on the bike for too long.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    I usually just put my bike away. If it's been wet I'll put some oil on the chain to stop it rusting. If it's particularly bad then a quick hose down, dry it off and oil the important bits. I don't have time to give it a full clean down after every ride so that only happens once every 3-6 months.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Clean bits that matter, lube bits that matter, the rest will survive!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Rez 27.5
    Rez 27.5 Posts: 21
    Super. Generally a common sense approach it would seem from the replies. Wipe down, lub, stick it in the back.

Safe.