RRP EnduroGuard Mudguard

IanWhite
IanWhite Posts: 85
edited June 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
http://www.tweekscycles.com/bike-access ... d-mudguard , are these any good ? , anyone got any other suggestions

Thanks for any help

Ian

Comments

• ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    Work really well, stop most of the crap and don't look too crap. Especially good as they keep the fork stansions* relatively clean. Keep mine on even in "summer"

*How is this word spelt??
  • WhyteSky
    WhyteSky Posts: 70
    ravey1981 wrote:
    stansions*

*How is this word spelt??

Stantions.

I have an enduroguard on the front and it works OK. Is certainly better than not having anything on the front. Keeps a lot of the bad stuff outta my face. Tried one on the back and it was useless so I took it off.
  • Horton
    Horton Posts: 327
    ** pedant alert **

It's stanchion...

But yeah - enduroguard's are good - a tiny bit more protection for he seals and stanchions than some other similar ones like marshguard.

MBUK are giving away a similar one next month - out in a few weeks, I think.
  • IanWhite
    Thanks for the reply's chaps all very helpful , Horton thanks for the heads up

Ian
  • kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/flash-front- ... 27776.html

Does the same job and 6,50 cheaper.

Chris
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    I've got both the Decathlon one and the EnduroGuard. I would say I prefer the Enduroguard simply because the two attachment points which pull the guard up to the bridge across the fork lowers means it sits neater than the single attachment point in the middle on the decathlon one. Nothing that a bit of DIY couldn't solve though.
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • IanWhite
    Ok so I've picked 2 up the one on the back is fine , but I'm not sure about the front one as I think it need's a couple of hole drilled in it to attach so it's a little bit safer , any idea hole punch or drill the holes ?, as they are quite soft

27794696975_fd65da178e_k.jpgIMG_0878 by Humpty's Railway pictures, on Flickr

27794700755_3d55229cc4_k.jpgIMG_0880 by Humpty's Railway pictures, on Flickr

Thanks, Ian
  • larkim
    Can't help with the drilling, but is your fork one of those where the bridge across from the lowers is behind the fork, rather than in front of it like the Manitou ones? I found the holes were in just the right spot, but that was on a Reba fork which has that bar at the front.
  • IanWhite
    Yes they are Manitou forks with the bridge across from the lowers behind the fork, rather than in front
    may just leave them as they are at the mo and see if the front one moves about when I have a test ride

Ian
  • mrdsgs
    mrdsgs Posts: 337
    you have fitted the front one backwards I think !!!
    Colnago Addict!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Do you?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • IanWhite
    The Rookie wrote:
    Do you?

Not according to the instruction's chap's also the picture's I've seen on the net

Ian
  • larkim
    I'd be for drilling holes and securing it. As I posted above, one of the things I prefer about the RRP one is the dual holes to really pull the guard up and out of the way of the wheel at both edges. For neatness, I'd be drilling holes probably with a wood drill bit.

Glad I spotted the manitou fork, rather than foolishly suggest you've got it on backwards ;-)
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    I have Manitou Drakes on my 29er and had to punch new holes in both this and the Mudhugger that replaced it (that is much better but then also much more expensive).
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • IanWhite
    Thanks chaps I'll be getting my drill out tomorrow then

Ian
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    A hole punch does a good job, if you use a drill it needs to be sharp and you need to take it slowly.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • IanWhite
    Thanks for all the help chaps

Ian