Might have just bought a Stolen MTB

Tombm
Tombm Posts: 10
edited June 2016 in MTB general
Hi

I was looking on gumtree in my local area for a used MTB to commute to work and university. Saw this AD that has been posted recently, a CARRERA Vengeance 2016 for £90. I know the bike specs aren't special but I thought that could be a bargain. I met him at his address (?) and the guy looked like the 90s typical 2pac wannabe. He seem'd dodgy straight away but with the idea of getting a bargain paid him and left.

I've checked the Number under the frame on bikeregister, stolen-bikes, etc and nothing show up.

He keeps posting known bike brands everyday around the £100 mark, cboardman, specialized..

What shall I do? Shall I check in the police station if any carrera vengeance is reported stolen? I lost my will of riding it with the idea of that be someone else's bike.

Ta

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You can ask the police of course.

If he's shifting that many bikes he won't be the one stealing them, he could be fencing them or have a decent source of bikes he's buying to sell (and not paying tax).

Now you've bought it, if you can't find that it's stolen, just get on and ride it.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.