2009 Cannondale Rize 4

jaqkar
jaqkar Posts: 12
edited June 2016 in Your mountain bikes
Just got into the MTB action and picked up this Rize 4 as my first bike. I do not have any serious MTB experience or bikes to compare it to but have ridden motorbikes since childhood including MX and I like the way it feels. You can probably see from the stand lol. Read a lot of good things about these bikes. Learnt a hell of a lot lurking on here and from the site. Looking forward to hitting some berms and jumps. Changed the head bearings and added some Kevlar Renthals so far.
xlzeUn.jpg

Comments

• chick0
    chick0 Posts: 338
    I had the Carbon version when it first came out, it was a fun and very capable bike. Looks like yours still has the original 100mm Stem? It was the first thing i changed on mine and it transformed the feel of the bike, i went to 50mm stem and wider bars after that.
  • jaqkar
    jaqkar Posts: 12
    I have a 60mm stem and wider riser bars on now and like you said it works really well. Love that the bike has 140mm travel and I can hang with enduro guys on newer bikes. Rebuilt the fork and upgraded rear shock to Fox CTD. Love it.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    140mm forks are far too long for that frame. Bit risky over loading the head tube on a frame which is known for being weak.