Tour de Suisse ***Spoiler***

Comments

• imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Brandle caught and wheelies a salute as they motor past him. Kiryienka doing an amazing job - but still 5km to peak
  • imatfaal
    TJVG attacks
  • imatfaal
    My pictures have gone! Any one got any links - eurosportplayer not showing any cycling for the moment
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    imatfaal wrote:
    My pictures have gone! Any one got any links - eurosportplayer not showing any cycling for the moment

Same here, pictures and sounds were breaking up for a while and then nothing...

Back sort of now.
  • imatfaal
    Back

TJVG has 20sec. Barguil attacked but is slowly being dragged back
  • imatfaal
    TJVG wins
  • imatfaal
    MA Lopez outsprints Barguil for second, Pantano, Talansky

G way back
  • EnacheV
    EnacheV Posts: 235
    Wow wo wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow Thomas , so bad. Kirienka towed him 80% of the climb, dropped again for minutes. He isn't good enough right now to make Sky's 9 man team for TdF.

Maybe as the 9th man to carry bottles and drive the train on flat, maybe.

waiting for the guys with smart lines to teach me how G is a grand tour GC rider. lol.
  • hypster
    hypster Posts: 1,229
    Thomas is a follower not a leader. He ran out of people to follow today (again).
  • imatfaal
    GC
    Barguil
    MA Lopez +21
    Talansky +24
  • EnacheV
    hypster wrote:
    Thomas is a follower not a leader. He ran out of people to follow today (again).

he was dropped by Barguil, Lopez, Talansky, TJ, Spilak, Izzaguire, Costa, Pantano, few i can't remember and a couple of CCC guys. He had plenty of guys to follow but he could not.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    EnacheV wrote:
    Wow wo wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow Thomas , so bad. Kirienka towed him 80% of the climb, dropped again for minutes. He isn't good enough right now to make Sky's 9 man team for TdF.

waiting for the guys with smart lines to teach me how G is a grand tour GC rider. lol.

If you like Geraint Thomas as you profess, then I'm Albetro friggin Contador.
    Give it a rest and trot back to your Clinic mates.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • EnacheV
    EnacheV wrote:

Give it a rest and trot back to Clinic mates.

yes i like him

but i din't like when he started to throw tantrums of being let to be a GC rider and most of all protected rider at TdF. Except Paris-Nice which he won with luck (dropped and won by few seconds because Gallopin and Henao dragged him back) his GC results are 0.

I mean, Froome 2012 wasn't a protected rider at Sky and Froome 2012 was around 350 times better than Thomas 2016, not to speak that Froome was after a 2nd in Vuelta. And Thomas is crying for this status without deserving it in the slightlest.

I hope this is a wake up call for him.
  • blazing_saddles
    TJ wins the battle of the horrible grind.
    Kelderman's turn to have a stinker of an off day.
    Talansky seems reborn.
    The Colombians enjoy the altitude.
    Barguil wins the dubious honour of wearing this race's leaders jersey.
  • TJ wins the battle of the horrible grind.
    Kelderman's turn to have a stinker of an off day.
    Talansky seems reborn.
    The Colombians enjoy the altitude.
    Barguil wins the dubious honour of wearing this race's leaders jersey.

It really is one of those races

Barguil and Talansky winning the Consistency Battle, mind
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Go My Superman, Lopez.

Up to 2nd on GC.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    EnacheV wrote:
    EnacheV wrote:

Give it a rest and trot back to Clinic mates.

yes i like him

but i din't like when he started to throw tantrums of being let to be a GC rider and most of all protected rider at TdF. Except Paris-Nice which he won with luck (dropped and won by few seconds because Gallopin and Henao dragged him back) his GC results are 0.

I mean, Froome 2012 wasn't a protected rider at Sky and Froome 2012 was around 350 times better than Thomas 2016, not to speak that Froome was after a 2nd in Vuelta. And Thomas is crying for this status without deserving it in the slightlest.

I hope this is a wake up call for him.

I actually agree with you that G should have concentrated on being a Classics rider (although he still has the issue of a lack of a sprint whilst not having the power of someone like Cancellara or Sagan so winning would be far from guaranteed). He's a decent one week stage racer on routes with lower hills and showed last year he does have an ability to stay with the best in the mountains. However, I don't see him being a genuine GT contender as he doesn't have the ability to gain time in the mountains and whilst a good time trial list he is no Wiggins.

That said, he's never thrown a tantrum to be a protected rider. His ride at the Tour last year has earned him that opportunity and to suggest he shouldn't be one of the nine man squad is so ludicrous it just shoots down any sensible points you make.

As for his performance in this race, he's been disappointing but maybe that's the stage his training plan needs him at a few weeks before the Tour starts to fulfil his role as Froome's no. 2 and the back up GC man if anything goes wrong in the first week.
  • joelsim
    Yep, I'll be surprised if he gets much better than 10th in a GT. Quality rider with a whole load of versatility but he strikes me of being a Spilak rather than a Contador.
  • EnacheV
    nice one from Geraint Thomas, he blocked me on twitter, and i didn't tweet anything to him, just replied to one of the TeamSky tweets with something like "so it's all for froome now". or naybe he reads this forum lol.

poor little soul, so salty, blocking people who don't even talk to him.

and now i don't like him at all :D i will cheer and celebrate all his failures.
    As for his performance in this race, he's been disappointing but maybe that's the stage his training plan needs him at a few weeks before the Tour starts to fulfil his role as Froome's no. 2 and the back up GC man if anything goes wrong in the first week.

he said before the race that his objective is to win and he will go full gas to win.
  • twotyred
    twotyred Posts: 822
    and now i don't like him at all :D i will cheer and celebrate all his failures

You're a class act. Read that ^ again and realise how pathetic you are.
  • ^chuck him on ignore. you know this type feeds off reaction

https://darkpsychology.co/internet-trolls/
  • EnacheV
    twotyred wrote:
    and now i don't like him at all :D i will cheer and celebrate all his failures

You're a class act. Read that ^ again and realise how pathetic you are.

nah i find Thomas or his social media employee pathethic. this jerk move also suggests he is very stressed. you simply don't do such stupid stuff unless your are currently mentally melting down.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    As the playwright William Congreve once wrote - Hell hath no fury like a man blocked on Twitter.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • blazing_saddles
    ^chuck him on ignore. you know this type feeds off reaction

https://darkpsychology.co/internet-trolls/

After his last batch, your advice has been followed, unlike his Twitter account. :wink:
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    Clearly G (or Sky) should have conducted a poll on here before turning his back on the classics. Sadly he didn't but its not too late for next year.
  • blazing_saddles
    ITT
    1) Izagirre
    2) Lopez
    3) Cancellara.

Lopez the new race leader as Barguil turns in his stinker for the week.
    The leader's jersey curse continues
  • EnacheV
    edited June 2016
    i'm beginning to get bored by 55kg colombian climbers beating Cancellara and doing 51km/h tt's

they should take anti doping testing more seriously in colombia. or maybe is motordoping and in that case Cooksoon should gtfo.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Lopez to take on te yellow jumper. Cursed?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • blazing_saddles
    Cancellara>Roelandts>Sagan>Latour>Kelderman>Barguil>Lopez>?
  • joelsim
    EnacheV wrote:
    i'm beginning to get bored by 55kg colombian climbers beating Cancellara and doing 51km/h tt's

they should take anti doping testing more seriously in colombia. or maybe is motordoping and in that case Cooksoon should gtfo.

Cancellara lost 26" to Izaguirre on the climb