MCipollini NK1K WHITE - The Dream comes True

REDUTOPIA
REDUTOPIA Posts: 71
edited June 2016 in Your road bikes
Hi users,
I still can not believe this but finally I got a frame kit MCipollini NK1K white.
really I have to admit that they have not exceeded the expected delivery times indeed I have delivered the kit far in advance.
About this I have to do a special praise to all staff MCipollini who have handled my order with a care and a uncommonw illingness.
Their support has been constant and flawless; at the this same level It 's something hard to find in other brands.I also have to thank my local bike shop CICLI ARGENTIN in Castelfranco Veneto for the courtesy and professionalism. They have advised me well in the tecnical choice of the components and have suggested various tricks in the assembly
While I was expecting the frame I bought all the remaining components needed for the assembly.
As soon as I opened the frame pack I immediately realized the excellent manufacturing of the kit frame and the value of the material, the details distinguish it.
Two labels emphasize this set enormous elegant certificate of authenticity. There are In the kit frame many small parts more than necessary.
There are even the liquid torque to put on the seatposts and on the stem/handlebar and the chain oil. There are salso different thicknesses carbon to set properly the stem height beyond the specific headset cover. There are two headset cover a low and a higher to 2cm.

FdnMwXs.jpg
r8VjFee.jpg
20VmSia.jpg
qneDtgN.jpg
S9YcxTM.jpg

In short that it is not a simple and common top level kit frame is immediate perception, it is clear. It is a frame is in another even higher level where maybe there is only this Kit frame such as made 100% in Italy, true monocoque and carbon T1000. The Handmade in Italy is manifest by every little detail.
The frame weight claimed is 1120g not painted. The actual weight of this frame white size S is only 1196g so they were really sinceres and the weight is great to be a true monocoque. The construction quality is evident.

dvROIDo.jpg
hnt4aWP.jpg
WjvYJN5.jpg
z3EWnjk.jpg

I chose to mount it with SRAM Red Etap and Mavic R-sys SLR and others light components prestigious the same.
Specifications of components mouting:
Kit Frame: MCipollini NK1K WHITE size S
Groupset: Sram Red Etap
Cassette: Sram Red Etap 12-25
Chain: Sram Red Etap
Brakes: Shimano Dura-Ace direct mount brake
Crankset: FSA K-Force LIGHT ABS BB386EVO
Bottom Bracket: FSA ROAD BB-PF30
Chain Catcher: MCipollini
Handlebar: K-Force COMPACT TOUR DE FRANCE LIMITED EDITION
Stem: OS-99 CSI TOUR DE FRANCE LIMITED EDITION
HeadSet: Mcipollini
Headset Expander: Mcipollini but I also bought the Expander Carbon-Ti X-PLUG but then I decide to mount the Expander MCipollini.
Headset Top cap: Mcipollini with the green screw of Headset Top Cap Carbon-Ti X-CAP Carbon that I had also bought but then I decided for this combination.
Bar Tape: Fizik SUPERLIGHT GLOSSY green
Saddle: Selle Italia SLR TEKNO FLOW.
Brake Cables: Kit Alligator ILINK internal cable system green
Bottle Cage: Mcipollini
Wheels: Mavic R-Sys SLR
Quick Release: Carbon-Ti X-Lock Special ROAD Ti green
Pedals: TIME Xpresso 12 Carbon
Weight so complete bike with more Garmin Extended Out-front Bike Mount of Garmin Edge 1000 and Garmin Bike Speed Sensor and Cadence Sensor of Garmin Edge 1000: 6,88Kg

Following the specific components weighed:

The Mcipollini headset:

wn2A4Xc.jpg
uZI7cgA.jpg
jgVm8P9.jpg
024Vq0w.jpg

I choice to mount this MCipollini headset although I bought the Carbon-Ti X-PLUG and X-CAP, I only used the green screew of Carbon-Ti X-CAP:

X4Flsya.jpg
QzUJBXG.jpg

The the mechanism to lock the seatpost with a top cover in carbon to be elegant and stylish when mounted on the frame:
Yf98aIx.jpg
DQQ8jX6.jpg

The handlebar and the stem:

4kUM74o.jpg
CfdaKXE.jpg

The MCipollini chain catcher very refined and lightweight:

jMhIy7D.jpg
WTlPM6w.jpg

Altought I bought the Rotor chain catcher but as it turned out to be heavier and ugly I chose to mount the MCipollini chain catcher

w1YoAsi.jpg

The 2cm high headset cover but I used the low headset cover:

qxqZzHN.jpg

The MCipollini distinguished and lightweight bottle cages:

a75HbRC.jpg
vDs6tD6.jpg

The Sram Red Etap
-Shifters with battery:
TGL7kzM.jpg
4ORGmHa.jpg

-Battery of derailleurs:

7bgTgh4.jpg

-Rear derailleur without battery:

kXT2lE7.jpg

-Rear derailleur with battery:

mcKjEz9.jpg

-Front derailleur without battery:

kiMLshx.jpg

-Front derailleur with battery.

zMxkwNN.jpg

-Cassette Sram Red Etap 11/25.

Mn2AvDg.jpg

-Chain Sram Red Etap:

LAp0Soy.jpg

The brakes Shimano Dura-Ace direct mount:

4SFqNi0.jpg
Pcf1ogK.jpg

The crankset FSA K-Force ABS 53/39 170mm:

r7W6DUG.jpg
eIMEzqe.jpg

The bottom bracket FSA BB386EVO (ROAD BB-PF30):

MZzlB9f.jpg

The saddle Selle Italia SLR TEKNO FLOW:

8Q1QXbE.jpg
wSbEOZT.jpg

The Quick Release Carbon-Ti X-Lock Special ROAD :

45RezLn.jpg

The pedals Time Xpresso 12 Carbon:
kyah18U.jpg

And finally the pictures of the complete bike:

WJIApVy.jpg
vlcPTPs.jpg
TSChsw5.jpg

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Bello , cioè è una macchina fantastica . Molto ben fatto!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    I assume it's either for sale or that you're an estate agent from the description ;)

(Nice looking bike!)
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Would look much better with distinguished, elegantly wound, high quality black bar tape.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • REDUTOPIA
    thank you all!
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    What a cracking bike and spec
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Like the bike not keen on the green bar tape sorry.
  • REDUTOPIA
    I have already the bar tape prologo onetouch 2 white/black
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Take some better pics, please. Cracking bike. Where is that?
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Green bar tape is a bit random - otherwise looking good. Some better pics would be welcome..
  • REDUTOPIA
    are this better?

jBGqNza.jpg
    4reMuqK.jpg
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    It looks very good to me ,regardless of the background
  • whosthedaddy
    whosthedaddy Posts: 136
    Lovely looking bike, but would get rid of the green tape. Replace it with Black
  • REDUTOPIA
    The green bar tape is only for the start, I have already the prologo onetouch 2 black/white. Such as this in the photo below:

The green bar tape is only for the start, I have already the prologo onetouch 2 black/white. Such as this in the photo below:

BIANCO_BIG1.jpg
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    I find some of the Cipollini's look a bit 'over the top' but your frame does look fantastic.
  • REDUTOPIA
    Thanks!!!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    REDUTOPIA wrote:

BIANCO_BIG1.jpg

I'd worry about using a bar tape if they can't even get it to look tidy in the publicity shot!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • REDUTOPIA
    Do you not like it?
  • coops1967
    coops1967 Posts: 99
    REDUTOPIA wrote:
    Do you not like it?

Well, in the drops they show 3 bands of white on one side, and four on the other - which is a bit amateurish looking for a publicity shot... made worse by the tape ending at very different places on the flats (one side ends by the larger diameter clamp area the other is way off)
  • REDUTOPIA
    I think that It is only a rendering..

Maybe the only 3 bands in part at the bottom right of the photo depend precisely from the fact that It was left more space in the center area.