Double the amount of pedals, double the fee

essex-commuter
essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
edited June 2016 in Commuting chat
Done a local Sportive at the weekend on the tandem, paid on the day and got charged double.

What would you expect to pay for a tandem, per person, per bike?

I didn't complain as for the past 2 years I've just paid one entry fee, it was just that I was making conversation while filling in the form and as soon as I mentioned tandem it was ooh, £25 please. Usually the Mrs just looks after the bike while I fill the form in and off we go.

Made me chuckle to be honest!

Comments

• tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Did you get two goodie bags, and twice as many gels at the refreshment stops?

We had to pay double to ride our tandem in a TT on Saturday; we were the only one though, so we got half of it back in prize money :-)
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    I can understand an increase - after all, two mouths to feed, two goodie bags at the end etc etc ... but double? It's still only two wheels and one entry, one finish so not everything is doubled.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    You pay per person, not per bike, no?
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • essex-commuter
    Small affair, no food en-route, no goody bags. I didn't mind paying, just wondered what the consensus was, per person, or per bike! It was a charity event as well so of course I had no qualms paying.
  • Surely a lot of the fee is the insurance for the event? That would definitely be per person.
  • essex-commuter
    Surely a lot of the fee is the insurance for the event? That would definitely be per person.

Very good point.