Operacion Puerto : Guess who will retire till new year

EnacheV
EnacheV Posts: 235
edited February 2017 in Pro race
So, the blood bags from Operación Puerto will finally be released!

despite the statue of limitations i guess this will finish some careers prematurely.

Ill name a few :

Contador
Valverde

lets do a PTP :D

Comments

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,552
    Valverde has already served a suspension regarding Puerto.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,383
    I'm genuinely surprised, I thought they'd never see the light of day...

I think cyclists in general have the least to worry about though given that cycling did actually make an effort to investigate this when it happened...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • EnacheV
    TheBigBean wrote:

yeah i know

but with the fire burning again and with the noise around it i don't think he will ride in 2017
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,096
    EnacheV wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:

yeah i know

but with the fire burning again and with the noise around it i don't think he will ride in 2017

Right, because he's been so repentant and up front about his involvement before?
  • EnacheV
    who is still active from that era?

this just in
    Unfortunately Samuel Sánchez will not be starting #tourdesuisse stage 4 due to a respiratory infection. Get well soon Samu!

p.s. i love the silence in asylum :D , you would have thought that anti doping heroes would be on this immediately. but i guess it's not Sky related so no interest to crusade.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    Most of the cyclists involved have either already been banned or retired. If you are excited by this I would suggest you in for disappointment.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Is it all the blood bags, or just cycling related?

Would be really interesting to see the full list.

What about Fabian?
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Valverde is knocking on anyway - he could legitimately retire already. It's not suspicious if he did.
  • EnacheV
    RichN95 wrote:
    Most of the cyclists involved have either already been banned or retired. If you are excited by this I would suggest you in for disappointment.

very probable

but i guess this will ignite a shitstorm

if you are named again who will sign you? for example Contador, if his name appears now do you think anyone would give him 1 cent to ride?
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Good news. If it's all done properly this should hit other sports much harder than cycling.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,915
    Astana would still sign Contador! It's not as if they give a $h!t.

Hopefully the other sports with their heads buried in the sands will get exposed - could be a few Spanish football teams sweating, along with a few from the world of tennis...
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,530
    No hopefully our fears of other sports being doped will be overexaggerated...
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Turfle wrote:
    Good news. If it's all done properly this should hit other sports much harder than cycling.

That. I'd imagine that there's a few footballers (and clubs), tennis players and athletes who may be shitting themselves quietly at this news.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,207
    Any idea when anything's going to be known?
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Release ordered 11 days after WADA's statute of limitation ran out.

Fuentes cleared in court so his promise to name names will disappear down the pan.

All very convenient for non-cycling sports.
  • RichN95 wrote:

This. 35 cyclists were named already.

Other sports have more to be worried about.

1316107895_rafael_nadal_faints_at_the_us_open_press_conference.gif
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    I don't suppose too much will come out of this. I expect one, maybe two, retired and long forgotten professional sports people will be sacrificed to public opinion. The source of the rest of the blood bags will remain "unknown" due to medical confidentiality, human rights legislation, or super injunctions. I wouldn't be surprised either if a recently malfunctioned refrigerator rendered many of the samples untraceable.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    You all know my big interest is the Ullrich blood bag and other T Mobile bags.
    The Italians went whole hearted after their riders but the German Federation looked the other way and did nothing untill the riders had come to the end of their careers.
    Still hold the record for TDF green Jersey's and the many MSR wins.
    Bollox.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • dinyull
    Apparently it only applies to 36 blood bags.

23 are cyclist's, 12 "athlete's" and 1 unknown, so don't expect any other sports will be too worried.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    The combined supporters of RM and Barca (and particularly their current management) breathe a sigh of relief.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Dinyull wrote:
    Apparently it only applies to 36 blood bags.

23 are cyclist's, 12 "athlete's" and 1 unknown, so don't expect any other sports will be too worried.

that will be that bog snorkler - it's rife
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,826
    Will actually be surprised if anything comes out of this. It has dragged on for so long and no doubt there will be further delays before bags are released.

If people do get named the only good message to come out will be that we will still come after you long after you've doped, possibly even after you've retired.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • dinyull
    The same source was saying that blood bags wouldn't make sense for football anyway, as the testing for epo was non existent.
  • RichN95.
    deejay wrote:
    You all know my big interest is the Ullrich blood bag and other T Mobile bags.
    The Italians went whole hearted after their riders but the German Federation looked the other way and did nothing untill the riders had come to the end of their careers.
    Still hold the record for TDF green Jersey's and the many MSR wins.
    Bollox.
    Ullrich's career ended when Puerto broke, he was banned, lost results and he had admitted to his involvement. I'm not sure there's anything left to do to him apart from taking away his cakes.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Do the blood bags correspond to anything that can be identifiable? Otherwise surely you have a bag of blood that contains a PED - great but if you cant link it so a high profile named sports star then it isn't much use - I guess WADA haven't DNA profiled all the previous samples to match with a couple dozen of bags.
  • RichN95.
    Human clones are the answer. Make clones from the DNA and see who they grow up to look like.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Dinyull wrote:
    The same source was saying that blood bags wouldn't make sense for football anyway, as the testing for epo was non existent.

Zidane has already admitted to going for a boost twice per year (not with EF).
  • RichN95.
    Joelsim wrote:
    Dinyull wrote:

Actually he didn't. The singer Johnny Halliday said he did it and that Zidane had suggested it.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    RichN95 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    Dinyull wrote:

Actually he didn't. The singer Johnny Halliday said he did it and that Zidane had suggested it.

Yes, you are correct.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    so this also goes before the rise of the Spanish football team into world beaters. think 2008 was when they really started dominating the euro's and world cups. do we think that this in any way infers any form of drugs or doping, or were they just really good?

also the cyclists on this list would have all retired with the exception of a few 35+year olds I'd suggest...