2016 Giant ATX vs 2015 Giant Stance 2

bionicledude0
bionicledude0 Posts: 4
edited June 2016 in MTB buying advice
Just bought a 2016 Giant ATX. Great bike but recently at my bike store a 2015 Giant Stance 2 went on sale for about 400 $ off (family run business so I could probably get even more off). The trails I ride on are generally smooth with few bumps/rocks/roots but I will occasionally ride heavily rooted/rock trails that seem to be a lot for my ATX.
My question is simple: should I buy the stance and sell my ATX or just stick with the ATX.
P.S I have never road a full suspension bike so I have no idea if it would be worth the difference. :?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    A decent hardtail would probably be fine but the ATX is towards the bottom of the range and not particularly well specced for coping with rough trails.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • At 178cm do you think I could get away with a size medium?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Very much depends upon your proportions, if your 'normal' it will be fine, I'm 2cm shorter than that but a medium would only be just big enough as I'm proportionately long in the torso.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • The Rookie wrote:
    Very much depends upon your proportions, if your 'normal' it will be fine, I'm 2cm shorter than that but a medium would only be just big enough as I'm proportionately long in the torso.
    I as well am long in the torso and I did feel a bit squished when I sat on it. I'll probably have to pass it up then. :(