Criterium du Dauphine stage 7 **Spoiler*

Comments

• gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    So Froome and Sky boxed in Porte.

i don't think it was delberate though. froome got boxed as well when the sky guys spread
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • cc78
    cc78 Posts: 599
    Porte down to 4th, whoops!
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,066
    edited June 2016
    I don't think he was caught napping as such, it looked like he was winding it up then got boxed in with Sky/Froome.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    gsk82 wrote:
    So Froome and Sky boxed in Porte.

i don't think it was delberate though. froome got boxed as well when the sky guys spread

No it wasn't deliberate. Porte went on the right Bardet went on the left and then Sky spread right.

Costs Porte a podium.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • cc78
    cc78 Posts: 599
    Cummings on French TV now; he has got a bit of a Mclaren/Barton fake accent going on...
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Yeah, so i just tuned in.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • above_the_cows
    The_Boy wrote:
    Yeah, so i just tuned in.

Whoops.
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    How did Bardet end up 9" ahead of Porte? Thought they were equal yesterday and only 5" sec gap today
  • The_Boy
    How did Bardet end up 9" ahead of Porte? Thought they were equal yesterday and only 5" sec gap today

bonus seconds
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • above_the_cows

Bonus seconds.
  • above_the_cows
    There's an echo in here.
  • The_Boy
    There's an echo in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nh2BB7NyPM

???
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Great day for team DD with Cummings taking the stage, Edvard Boasson Hagen the points jersey and Daniel Teklehaimanot the KOM jersey.
  • curium
    curium Posts: 815
    RonB wrote:
    Great day for team DD with Cummings taking the stage, Edvard Boasson Hagen the points jersey and Daniel Teklehaimanot the KOM jersey.
    Yes! An absolute blinder for them. Really happy :D

...also Etixx with Martin & Alaphilippe
  • gsk82 wrote:
    "chris can i have some of your guys please? this new team's poop"

:D
  • Froome shakes his head coming over the line knowing he just screwed over Titchie Richie.

There goes the candlelit suppers for 2 in Monaco when the wives are out
  • what an absolute SKY/Porte cock up . Froome wants to do a bit more racing - what an arrogant b&stard !!

Absolutely phenomenal Dauphine by Bardet

Did Contador hit the top of the UCI WT ranking?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Yup
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • above_the_cows
    Froome shakes his head coming over the line knowing he just screwed over Titchie Richie.

There goes the candlelit suppers for 2 in Monaco when the wives are out

Only Cav and Bernie left as the official Pro-Tour bromance.
  • yeah fkc you too

13435313_503918096485035_8528428318844622055_n.jpg?oh=c6a992f9a4dd1cdede7952fa0205a2b1&oe=57C6EDAF
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Just watched the highlights, cracking stuff from Cummings.

Shame for Porte but hey ho.
  • bobmcstuff wrote:
    Just watched the highlights, cracking stuff from Cummings.

Shame for Porte but hey ho.

Titchy's gotta learn

Stevoooo was class as per
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Watched on telly. Nice one ITV4 btw, I thought the coverage was good.
    My tuppence worth: Froome looks confident, and strong. The confidence is the main thing, he now looks more comfortable (if a stick insect attached to a battery ever could look comfortable) and even got out of the saddle to take it to Bertie. This was good.
    Bardet looked very cool, Alaphilippe was good and nice to see Dan Martin get going. EBH great, most of the riders aquitted themselves very well. Some good strong riders here and it's shaping up to be an awesome TdF. Bertie was easily cooked (ner ner Frenchie).
    And what a ride from Steve Cummings on the final stage. Awesome rider, chapeau sir.
    Oh yeah, forgot Porte. Generally speaking, following the GC rider isn't a bad tactic, but in the words of Bill ( or Ted): you totally blew it, dude. Still, never mind.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    edited June 2016
    Not a stellar edition really.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Oh regarding the coverage, ITV's highlights package at least is far and away superior to Eurosport. They actually show you the important bits of the race...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    My opinion of Bardet has gone up in this race. I always felt that he was mostly another hyped Frenchman in the Rolland mode, while Pinot was the real deal but lacking belief. I'm now starting to think that Bardet will surpass Pinot.

As for Porte, if you try to go up the inside on a bend there's always a strong chance the door is going to shut on you.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    Ritchie blew it whilst other key players like Dan Martin grabbed their opportunity. Dan wasn't tucked in looking for a ride so late in the stage, he was alert looking for his opportunity, lil' Ritchie should have been head up, dancing on the pedals looking to initiate an attack not stuck on Froome's arse hiding. Sad for him but ultimately his own fault. Plus of course... he had no team up there to help out... those 3 (!) Sky boys were there for Froome not him - Froome got out of the way when the attack came.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    Bardet needs to go stage hunting in the tour, I'd say. he's not quite good enough to keep up with Froome, Quintana, or Contador over 3 weeks.

Great result for Dan Martin. first Irish podium at the Dauphine is no mean feat.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Re Bardet- what would be the point in that?

He won a stage last year. He could win one this year by stage hunting but than he's never going to progress doing that if he can take days off. Needs to go for it for the full three weeks and learn what it's like to be at the sharp end.
  • philbar72 wrote:
    Bardet needs to go stage hunting in the tour, I'd say. he's not quite good enough to keep up with Froome, Quintana, or Contador over 3 weeks.

Great result for Dan Martin. first Irish podium at the Dauphine is no mean feat.

I very much doubt he would think that way - he's a GC rider and you ride for GC whatever the opposition. A lot of variables in a 3 week tour and he is showing consistency