Propain Tyee

rockmonkeysc
rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
edited June 2016 in MTB buying advice
Anyone know much about the Propain Tyee?
The frame only option at a £776 with a Monarch Plus seems like decent value but I can't find reviews.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Some reviews online I'm sure you've found, most seem to be on German sites so maybe worth using bablefish to translate, read them as I've not come across it before and they all seem good.

Looks lovely, I like the fact they have put in a simple hugger to protect the rear shock shaft from 'muck' which can be an issue with behind seatpost designs.

Not sure how tall you are but Dirt mentioned that riders around 6ft found the largest size a bit small, also the shallow seatpost (due to the said rear mounted shock) of 65degrees (cica 75 degrees effective for a nominal saddle height level with the top of the headtube) would push the seated position a long way back and may impact seated climbing stability for taller (longer legged) riders.

Best buy it quick before Brexit pushes the price up!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    The sizing could be an issue then. I'm 6'1" and like my bikes a bit on the large side.
    I did find a few German reviews. Will try translating them. Ze German's do like their enduro bikes a bit different to the rest of the civilised world though,they seem to prefer plush suspension over performance.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    That was the other thing the dirt review mentioned, it was more of a long travel trail+ bike than a full on Enduro bike, they felt the frame was a little flexy for that.

I had a feeling you'd mentioned before that you were a giraffe!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    I am a sensible height. Other people are too short or too tall.