Ritchey WCS alloy finishing kit
8.5kgs
Rides like a dream

IMG_20160515_123722582_zpsypvo8uvd.jpeg

Comments

• REDUTOPIA
    REDUTOPIA Posts: 71
    interesting bike!
  • Hand made " artisan " bikes have never been my thing and this one is not an exception,I praise Taiwan for their excellent job,Dario Pegoretti tho is without a doubt a colorful character.
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    The Pegoretti's frames can have some very interesting paint work so I assume it was resprayed for this reason?
  • Jim_F
    Jim_F Posts: 7
    The Frame had a dent which needed filling so at the same time I changed the colour for something a little more understated, the crazy paint jobs were not my thing and when it was originally made it was a Pearlescent white which was a bugger to keep clean.
    As for the previous chaps comment about Taiwan, not sure what you are on about to be honest.
  • Jim_F wrote:
    The Frame had a dent which needed filling so at the same time I changed the colour for something a little more understated, the crazy paint jobs were not my thing and when it was originally made it was a Pearlescent white which was a bugger to keep clean.
    As for the previous chaps comment about Taiwan, not sure what you are on about to be honest.

Here,let me put it easy for you :

Pegoretti or any other fancy handmade bike manufacturer :
    exepensive frames only good to be hooked onto a London/NY loft's wall or if ridden they ride miserably but of course the onwer will be forced to say " oh,this bike ride like heaven" since it's a custom handmade from Italy or whatever and it's a placebo kind of stuff too. Mandatory rapha clothing and long beard of course.

Made in Taiwan :
    the true democracy of the bike world. Thanks to Taiwan everyone can ride a decent,good or excellent carbon frame depending on their budget. Pros don't use hand made steel crap afterall,go figure.

Handmade bike riders are pretty much like Xc riders,a bunch of Talibans folks. If it was for them XC rigs would still have chunky rubber suspension fork up front nowdays.
  • kayodot
    kayodot Posts: 143
    Handmade bike riders are pretty much like Xc riders,a bunch of Talibans folks.

wat
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Jim_F wrote:

Here,let me put it easy for you :

Pegoretti or any other fancy handmade bike manufacturer :
    exepensive frames only good to be hooked onto a London/NY loft's wall or if ridden they ride miserably but of course the onwer will be forced to say " oh,this bike ride like heaven" since it's a custom handmade from Italy or whatever and it's a placebo kind of stuff too. Mandatory rapha clothing and long beard of course.

Made in Taiwan :
    the true democracy of the bike world. Thanks to Taiwan everyone can ride a decent,good or excellent carbon frame depending on their budget. Pros don't use hand made steel crap afterall,go figure.

Handmade bike riders are pretty much like Xc riders,a bunch of Talibans folks. If it was for them XC rigs would still have chunky rubber suspension fork up front nowdays.

Hahaha, yeah whatever mate.
  • Bordersroadie
    Bordersroadie Posts: 1,052
    Ignore the silly troll. Lovely bike, and a sympathetically-executed build. Enjoy it, I'm sure you will!
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    That nobber with a chip on his shoulder has obviously never ridden a pegoretti.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • spanielsson
    spanielsson Posts: 776
    Great Pegoretti Jim, I'd love to own a Duende.

And for that whopper above: I've enjoyed riding my Pegoretti this weekend, while wearing Rapha and sporting my moderate length beard... I've owned and ridden high end Taiwanese, American and Italian carbon bikes, the Pegoretti beats them all hands down.
  • Jim_F
    Thanks for the kind words chaps, have been on-line long enough to know when to ignore and when to engage trolls...

Was out on the Peg this weekend and it was very enjoyable indeed, the upgrade from the original Mavic Kyrsiums to the Bora's makes a noticeable difference whether on the flats, down or uphills, they really are rather nice.

To keep my troll happy I should also report that I took out my own Taiwanese special, a 2013 Cube Litening HPC race which is also great fun to ride, doesn't have the finesse of the Peg but at 6.7kgs it flies up hill. Full SRAM Red and Dura Ace C24 wheels.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,172
    Ignore the idiot... great bike!

Some folks think there is only one way... the PRO way and don't realise that PROs race for 4-5 hours, which is not a very long time in the saddle and even the longest races last 7 hours at best (Milan-Sanremo or Paris-Roubaix), which is less than Joe average takes to go round the Fred Whitton, for instance, so not a lot. If they had to cross south America in 2 weeks or even just do an unsupported London-Edinburgh-London, they would probably ride different bicycles... but some folks just don't understand the bigger picture yet feel compelled to share their nonsense.
    left the forum March 2023
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Lovely bike. Extremely confusing commentary from certain corners! :D
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • [quote="ugo.santalucia" If they had to cross south America in 2 weeks or even just do an unsupported London-Edinburgh-London, they would probably ride different bicycles[/quote]

Right. That would be a Specialized Diverge carbon. Or alu. Either way some good,honest,modern Taiwan piece of junk everybody loves,even you :mrgreen:
  • matt_n-2
    matt_n-2 Posts: 581
    Who re-painted it?

Did you send it back to Dario and the team or use someone else?
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
    Italian steel winter hack
  • Jim_F
    I used Colourtech in Dartford and they have done a brilliant job and very reasonable cost, the quote I got from the London bike shop I originally bought the bike through to send it back to Dario for a repair and respray was quite frankly ridiculous.
  • matt_n-2
    matt_n-2 Posts: 581
    Ta.

I'm a non-owning Pegoretti fan, a couple of friends ride them, a Duende, two Respos, a Mxxxxxo and a Love#3.

My 40th is going to be a Pegoretti.
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
    Italian steel winter hack
  • velogee
    velogee Posts: 133
    I think my 40th will be a steel custom build. Having a bike made to fit you must be an incredible experience, especially for someone like me who's an odd shape and in between a 56-58.

That is a beautiful bike!
    Madone 4.9 2014
    Jeffsy 27.5 2018
  • velogee
    velogee Posts: 133
    I think my 40th will be a steel custom build. Having a bike made to fit you must be an incredible experience, especially for someone like me who's an odd shape and in between a 56-58.

That is a beautiful bike!
    Madone 4.9 2014
    Jeffsy 27.5 2018
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    I absolutely love this.
    Insert bike here:
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Me too. I also think that 'devastazione' guy is on drugs or something.