Start the clock Wednesday

Wheelspinner
Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
edited June 2016 in The bottom bracket
Early meeting, to which I (fortunately) forgot to take a semi-automatic weapon, otherwise the body count might be in double figures by now. Conclusive proof that people can reach high into an organisational structure despite lacking anything approaching tact, manners or other inter-personal relationship skills. Neither know nor care how they do it, just glad to be headed out the door.

Coffee and lunch at a *very* leisurely pace ensued.

Rest of my very limited days here will now mainly involve counting the minutes I think.
Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Working locally but as I feel like I've swollowed razor blades I'm going to drive :(

hopefully I will feel better later as the family are away and it's a good opportunity to go cycling
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    a lot of big companies these days are run by pretty loathsome characters, there are exceptions, but they get rarer

unsurprisingly, innovation and fun drain out over time, companies mostly keep on going, like zombies, but no one cares any more

hope all goes well wheelspinner and you find something new in the company of better people
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Wheelspinner
    All is not entirely lost. In my short and eventful time here in NZ, I have acquired two additional bicycles, both of which are to be shipped home at client expense now, so that's a win. :D One's a lovely retro MTB to be restored, the other's a single speed hack that was a bargain with decent wheels.

Already had an approach about another job at home. May have another shiraz to celebrate. 8)
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Speaking of new people, it's a big day at HD Tower today as the boy is going to start learning the value of earning his own money.
    A couple of days a week in the school holidays here and there should toughen him up a bit.

After that it's off out to a reet posh pub for dinner.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Wednesday, oops!

Got a text from a friend last night at 20 minutes to midnight, it said " happy anniversary"

We both said what anniversary? Anniversary of what?

Then we realised it was our 31st anniversary, or was, by the time the penny dropped we had a two minute anniversary :D

Well I think everyone is entitled to forget some things once every 31 years, I'm only saved by the fact Mrs T forgot too :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Wheelspinner
    team47b wrote:
    Wednesday, oops!

Got a text from a friend last night at 20 minutes to midnight, it said " happy anniversary"

Then we realised it was our 31st anniversary, or was, by the time the penny dropped we had a two minute anniversary :D

Well I think everyone is entitled to forget some things once every 31 years, I'm only saved by the fact Mrs T forgot too :D
    Does Mrs T wake up every morning and go "Who the fark are you??"
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Sever lack of motivation round these parts as well. No particular reason for it, just a bit fed up. Not helped by the fact that my first cup of tea was a fraction too cold by the time I got to drink it. Was on the phone to an Australian customer for a while which interrupted normal service. Might try to go for lunch with the EPO to get a bit of a break later, pub this evening as it's Wednesday of course. Drove in again as I still have my folks' car and it doesn't have a parking permit. Not a bad thing as nobody told the weather it's June. Really should drop the car back tonight so I can pedal in tomorrow.
    Onwards, to mediocrity...
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    team47b wrote:
    Wednesday, oops!

she tries
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Early meeting, to which I (fortunately) forgot to take a semi-automatic weapon, otherwise the body count might be in double figures by now. Conclusive proof that people can reach high into an organisational structure despite lacking anything approaching tact, manners or other inter-personal relationship skills. Neither know nor care how they do it, just glad to be headed out the door.

Unfortunately, that's the sort of people the prison service attracts.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Sever lack of motivation...

So much so that you cba to put and e on the end of sever.
    team47b wrote:

You know less then she forgot.

@ HD - just send him up here on a 'sabbatical', I have wheelbarrow duties for him: proper mtfu work and i'll even let him sleep on the lawn.

Morning shirkers

Today I am mowstly waiting for the ginourmous bowl of Porage to go down. Mrs P is at the sauna, toots at nursery, sun is shining, chores are done, emails ignored and i'm off pedalling and pedalling and pedalling until I fall off into a ditch in the middle of nowhere. So there.

Is Stevo in Kraut land? Is he expecting Weiner Schnitzel' and leather? Maybe that will explain the funny mood he is in, it's Pre Sexual Tension.

laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    It might be an age related thing :)

Seems to be a bit stop start here at work - things go quiet then there a crisis (and repeats). Pedalling was good if a bit damp at first. Should be a bit better this evening.

@Pinno - not going until next week. Pay attention at the back...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Walked (wow that is a strange way of traveling) to the beach had curry and large amount of beer to celebrate the fact that today was not our anniversary :D

Tomorrow going to a buffet lunch with some friends to celebrate the fact that it is not their anniversary, I think I'm onto something here :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Oh yeah, congratulations on it not being your anniversary Mr 47, and Mrs of course. Same applies to most if the rest of you I guess, especially the unmarried ones. As it's not my anniversary I shall be going to the pub to celebrate and leaving the EPO at home.
    Dumped the Micra outside parking permit zone so will be able to ride in tomorrow.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Oh yeah, congratulations on it not being your anniversary Mr 47, and Mrs of course. Same applies to most if the rest of you I guess, especially the unmarried ones. As it's not my anniversary I shall be going to the pub to celebrate and leaving the EPO at home.
    Dumped the Micra outside parking permit zone so will be able to ride in tomorrow.
    You have a Micra? :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    he has a micra which he dumped, instead of the epo, perhaps he should have dumped the micra with the epo in it
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Wheelspinner
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    You have a Micra? :D
    Oh do keep up Stevo...

Micra is V68 Sr's. Having some MOT work done or something. Probably being lowered, with fake side pipes fitted too while they're at it.

Although IIRC V68 does have a Mini. Logically therefore V68 Jr (aka The Boy) should be driving a Maxi. :D
  • Stevo_666
    Don't forget the neon w*nker lights and bangin' stereo.