caad12 (105) or TCR advanced 2 (105)

KevChallis
KevChallis Posts: 646
edited May 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi all, sorry for another this bike or that bike thread, but so far, I have found very little on the 2016 TCR advanced 2 model, and hoping for you to shed some light.

I currently ride a PlanetX pro carbon, and have for a couple of years, but new bike time is upon me. I have got it down to these two models, and yes, it would be great to be able to go and sit on them both, and try them both, but unfortunately, I have no Cannonade dealers anywhere close to me, I have ridden a TCR advanced 1 for about a mile, but nothing serious.

The TCR I tried (a 2016 model) just felt like it wanted to go, just felt like acceleration was fast and responsive, I have also, always wanted to own a TCR, the problem is, since I have been looking in to new bikes, the caad12 keeps coming back up. It gets great reviews, and haven't read anything negative on it yet, apart from maybe the aksium wheels, which are probably on par, or slightly better than the standard Giant wheels anyway.

I am looking for advice on these two bikes, and any information that may aid my decision would be greatly appreciated

Kev
Kev
PlanetX Pro Carbon
Voodoo Bizango

Comments

• dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,216
    Member on here recently purchased a Caad12 Ultegra, read page 3 of this thread for his view of the bike,
    viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=13063620&start=40
  • KevChallis
    DJ58 wrote:
    Member on here recently purchased a Caad12 Ultegra, read page 3 of this thread for his view of the bike,
    viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=13063620&start=40

Yeah, I read through this thread, looking for some more opinions/comparisons, do not many own the caad12? Or the TCR advanced 2?
    Kev
    PlanetX Pro Carbon
    Voodoo Bizango
  • SCR Pedro
    SCR Pedro Posts: 912
    KevChallis wrote:
    ... I have also, always wanted to own a TCR, the problem is, since I have been looking in to new bikes, the caad12 keeps coming back up. ...

You may have answered your own question here. Would you still want a TCR if you got a CAAD12? In any case, both are fine bikes, and won't disappoint. In the worst case, get both.
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • KevChallis
    SCR Pedro wrote:
    In the worst case, get both.

This will not be an option haha. Thanks for your reply :)
    Kev
    PlanetX Pro Carbon
    Voodoo Bizango
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    I haven't ridden the CAAD 12 but I do own a supersix himod evo and have ridden an Alu TCR for couple hundred miles.
    In short which ever you choose I'm sure you will be happy with. See what you can get from your local bike shop to sweeten the deal, then decide.
  • mostly
    mostly Posts: 113
    I've got a tcr adv 1 (2015) and love it. Wheels are solid, I swapped them for some aksium elites I had on my allez, minimal weight difference but they 'appear' to roll better. All round its an excellent bike.
  • KevChallis
    mostly wrote:
    I've got a tcr adv 1 (2015) and love it. Wheels are solid, I swapped them for some aksium elites I had on my allez, minimal weight difference but they 'appear' to roll better. All round its an excellent bike.

Thanks, I am leaning towards the TCR that I have always wanted
    Kev
    PlanetX Pro Carbon
    Voodoo Bizango