New Top Gear

Matthewfalle
Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
edited May 2016 in The bottom bracket
Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Now that was utterly rubbish. Well at least it saves an hour of my life from now on.
Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.

Comments

• WinNT
    WinNT Posts: 21
    already wrote in anther thread that i liked it :)
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    To be honest, I think the whole thing had got a bit tired a while ago. Whilst it was an exceptionally good formula, they just kept repeating it in different places and it had got so samey that I was only going through the motions watching it anyway. I think the main reason many hadnt reached the same point as me was because it was like a comfy pair of slippers that nobody questioned. I think it was only a matter of time though.

The new one was so much like the old that it was never going to appeal to people who didnt like old top gear and not good enough at it to appeal to those that just love clarkson & co.

I do fear for it but you have to be careful not to judge anything based on episode one, sometimes even series one. If you look back at many great shows, the first series of 'clarksons top gear' wasnt properly slick yet, even the first series of only fools and horses wasnt great - I think today OFAH would not have made it to a second series.

I think Matt Le Blanc had more potential than Chris Evans to be honest. He was more relaxed, more charismatic and able to be self deprecating more than Chris Evans.