Halfords acquires Tredz/Wheelies

apreading
apreading Posts: 4,535
edited May 2016 in Road buying advice
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/b ... g-11376111

If Wiggle/CRC combine as intended, now other players amalgamating and I think Halfords have big plans. Looks like we may have fewer retailers overall, with some of the mid-size going but maybe another big player stepping up to challenge Wiggle/CRC.

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,273
    ... so maybe they resolve their long standing warehouse stock issues...
    left the forum March 2023
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    The industry is cannablizing itself akin to the electronics industry 2000-2009 when recession bit and bike sales rocketed. Bike companies, distribution companies merging all the time with jobs going and what not. Zyro and Fishers, Chain Reaction and Wiggle etc etc.

Good or bad for the consumer ? no idea. I was blown away by Tredz turnover but lack of profit. £2.4m profit for £34m turnover ? Crazy figures and no wonder they signed the dotted line.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    The industry is cannablizing itself akin to the electronics industry 2000-2009 when recession bit and bike sales rocketed. Bike companies, distribution companies merging all the time with jobs going and what not. Zyro and Fishers, Chain Reaction and Wiggle etc etc.

Good or bad for the consumer ? no idea. I was blown away by Tredz turnover but lack of profit. £2.4m profit for £34m turnover ? Crazy figures and no wonder they signed the dotted line.

Almost exactly the same % as Wiggle... With online retailers it tens to be a volume play based on competitive pricing
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,273
    5-10% is pretty healthy... supermarkets operate on 2-3%
    left the forum March 2023
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Yep 2-3% is pretty much a good online business
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • bill_gates
    bill_gates Posts: 469
    Why does the bike on the front page of Tredz website have it's gearing on the left side?

t6drls.png

"I like riding in my car, it's not quite a Jaguar."
  • MikeBrew
    MikeBrew Posts: 814
    Mirror image ...
  • andcp
    andcp Posts: 644
    Bill Gates wrote:
    Why does the bike on the front page of Tredz website have it's gearing on the left side?

Because aero: http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/pro ... kit-229722
    "It must be true, it's on the internet" - Winston Churchill
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,521
    Bill Gates wrote:

t6drls.png

Why are you unable to use an apostrophe correctly?
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    Bill Gates wrote:

It's for riding abroad :roll: :D
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,854
    Bill Gates wrote:

t6drls.png

Prototype for that new Felt track bike.;)

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... ike-47114/
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • dag_on_a_bike
    dag_on_a_bike Posts: 581
    Gethinceri wrote:
    Bill Gates wrote:

t6drls.png

Why are you unable to use an apostrophe correctly?

Who care's?
    There's no such thing as too old.