Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Ha ha sunshine here this morning, cool though
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Sun hasn't shown itself here yet

Still not 100% and need more sleep but it's not happening

So I might as well go cycling with the kids as the wife picked up their mountain bikes yesterday

Later is jobs including sorting the garage as 12 bikes, canoe, snowboard, various units, a car and an f1 exhaust makes it a bit tight

Later is into town for drinks and dinner :)
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    TLW1 wrote:
    Later is jobs including sorting the garage as 12 bikes, canoe, snowboard, various units, a car and an f1 exhaust makes it a bit tight
    I know every home should have one, but seriously, WTF is that for???

Saturday done here and turned out better than forecast. Weather improved finally, spent most of the day JRA town here on the new (used) single speed MTB I bought. Stopped for coffee and food breaks, and bought a couple of bits from an LBS.

Next will be wine.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Sun is shining.

Me farqed me. As cycling has taken a little step back, I made the most of yesterdays' jolly and hammered it. Sure feel it today.
    Tomorrow car boot sale in an attempt to get rid of excess stuff, rest will go to charity. Was on the waiting list for a lock up garage and now, one has come up. Not bad at £8 a week, can't complain. This means I can get the decks clear at PPP. The side effect of all this means that Sister will just have to stay in a BB when she visits.
    The day's of free family holidays in Scotland, paltry bill and expense contributions, general use and abuse of the place, handy free storage and complaints about the standard of accommodation are over. Poor cow. I'll tell her the place is A1 and perfect now, she can stay there at her next visit at the end of August - no need to book in to a B&B.

Happy days.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    first cafe stop of the day, wasn't even 8 and someone has had a beer

sbcs.jpg
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Chilly start this morning at 6am, 80km in the bag and it's sunny now. Quick shower then paint some fence posts in the garden!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Chilly start this morning at 6am, 80km in the bag and it's sunny now. Quick shower then paint some fence posts in the garden!

What about the rest if the fence?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,157
    Decent lie in, been out to get some bits n pieces then it's some bike fettling and garden stuff while Strifey and Stropteen go shopping in Bromley. Hopefully the hound will sleep. May watch some footy tonight.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    Pinno wrote:

What about the rest if the fence?

Already done that.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Jobs, bike prep for tomorrow, a snooze in the sun drenched garden, a quick visit to the LBS to remedy a minor problem, a walk down to the local refurbished pub. Apparently it's fully booked for food tonight with surly shite staff despite being cuerrently empty. barstools the menu looked half decent too.

Just shows you a lick of paint, a rebrand and disengaged staff- it's still as shite as before.

Anyway the better half is rustling up curry, chips, rice and nan bread to facilitate carb loading for tomorrow's ride.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

Was bloomin cold this morning puffing smoke cold!, 146Km done cake an coffee in Cambridge before rolling home, first time doing over 100KM, legs surprisingly good to be fair! Highlight of the day for me, stayed in the big ring all day. Tonight is Toad in the hole, beer an catch up on the F1
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Evening all,
    Slow start was had, radio was needed to drown out next door. Popped into town with the EPO for a while then did some odd jobs. Barbecued some burgers this evening, not of hd standard, but very good nonetheless.
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Chilly...garden!

...146Km done...

Careful; you'll frighten this lot off.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Work worked, got grief from TDV (if you're as tired as you say you are sweetie, and you've done your back is as much as you say have petal, then go to bed and stop whining rather than doing half jobs around the place and finding me stuff to do).

Now chilling on the couch with The Hound before hill thrash sesh tomorrow in swanky brand new kit and freshly shaved legs.

Sadly, I am actually quite excited about riding my bicycle.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Evening all,
    Slow start was had, radio was needed to drown out next door. Popped into town with the EPO for a while then did some odd jobs. Barbecued some burgers this evening, not of hd standard, but very good nonetheless.

HD burgers? Is that a new sky channel?
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Evening all,

HD burgers? Is that a new sky channel?

A program about BBQ's, Beer and painting fences. I'm sure there's some mileage there.

I wonder if he drives a pick up truck...
  • homers_double
    Now that you mention it...

7FE2C3E6-3D79-4829-9C4F-CCB92F82F89F_zpslao9alr2.jpg
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Chilly...garden!

...146Km done...

I dunno, I follow Steve Abrams on Strava he knocked out 246K one day an 180K the next day :shock:
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Now that you mention it...

7FE2C3E6-3D79-4829-9C4F-CCB92F82F89F_zpslao9alr2.jpg

I have one of those in black for work - very nice but not as cool as bashed up mujahideen wagon. In ten years time and once it's lost the top thing for the bed it'll rock.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    ^ hasn't got a machine gun mounted on it (yet).
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Chilly...garden!

...146Km done...

I dunno, I follow Steve Abrams on Strava he knocked out 246K one day an 180K the next day :shock:

Such a pity he crashed during the first attempt at the OYTT.

You can always find some one who does more miles than you, whereas for Mr Abrahams...

viewtopic.php?f=40007&t=13009906&hilit=steven+abraham+watch+thread#p19364044