Voodoo hoodoo 2012

connoraslett96
connoraslett96 Posts: 32
edited May 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hey guys so I have a 2012 voodoo hoodoo she's been sat in my shed for about a year I just haven't had time but gonna use her for commuting and some trails.
Nothing's wrong at the moment which isn't too bad I have done a lot of miles on the bike and nothing's been replaced so basically I want to upgrade my bike, I can't find a spec sheet so I will leave a link to a review that has parts on it but just want to know what to change and if it's compatible
Cheers guys
http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/categ ... -12-46194/

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If it's all working OK, what do you want to change about it? What do you like and dislike you want to change?

Biggest change will be new forks, but not cheap. Otherwise if you want to push harder off road then wider bars and a shorter stem.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • The Rookie wrote:
    If it's all working OK, what do you want to change about it? What do you like and dislike you want to change?

Biggest change will be new forks, but not cheap. Otherwise if you want to push harder off road then wider bars and a shorter stem.
    I like how it handles it seems quick and nimble it's just peddling there's a lot of resistance compared to the other bike I have, what I mean is for the same gearing it takes more energy to move even if it's upside down I oiled the chain but don't know.
    I got oil on my brake pads a while ago just haven't come round to changing them but I wouldn't mind bigger disks but not sure if she can take them was wandering if you could help me with that a Google Search isn't any help :(
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You can almost certainly got to 180mm bother ends, any bigger is pointless.

Have a look at all the aspects that create drag, tyre type and pressure, wheel bearings, crank bearings and the chain, also is the rear mech indexed OK so not dragging the chain, are the rear mech jockeys spinning Ok.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • The Rookie wrote:
    You can almost certainly got to 180mm bother ends, any bigger is pointless.

Have a look at all the aspects that create drag, tyre type and pressure, wheel bearings, crank bearings and the chain, also is the rear mech indexed OK so not dragging the chain, are the rear mech jockeys spinning Ok.
    That's great help thank you I might take my bike to get serviced I have no clue what I'm doing trying to teach myself a step at a time thank you :)
    Is there any other upgrades worth doing
  • kickaxe
    kickaxe Posts: 446
    If you are happy with it then no.
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
    -A new Giant Trance 3 2015!