Eurosport Highlights

fleshtuxedo
fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
edited May 2016 in Pro race
Was at a wedding today so recorded the 7:30 highlights programme on Eurosport. Just watched it now.

Coverage began with all the gc riders together on the first climb with about 120km to go.

Then it was an ad break, and when it comes back....

We've missed 2 2000m climbs, Nibali's attack and Chaves capitulation, there's 2.5km to go, and the race I've been following the last three weeks is turned on its head.

Really annoyed by this, it ruined my enjoyment of the decisive stage by not showing any of it and no warning.

Comments

• cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    Thats nowt , half the time you record highlights in the middle of the night and you can get another sport entirely .
    FCN 3/5/9
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    It's a perennial problem of trying to present a 5+ hour event into a 30 minute package. Eurosport do get it wronger than most though.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    On the app/streaming version you can normally watch the live coverage back - make your own highlights ;)
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    Yes I always record the live broadcast plus at least 30 minutes after in case it's a slow stage. You can always fast forward through it.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • mcstumpy
    mcstumpy Posts: 298
    I had the same, I set it to record 1 hour longer as I saw live tennis first. I had to forward nearly 1 hour to get to the cycling. I think what they then did was cut to ensure the highlights programme still finished at scheduled time. Waste of time. Lesson learned, record the live coverage and fast forward as appropriate.