Multi Tool

snowster
snowster Posts: 490
edited May 2016 in MTB buying advice
Can anyone recommend a multi tool?

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Lezyne have a good range of good quality tools.
    Avoid Crank Bros tools, they're absolute shlt
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Lezyne are good, Toppeak stuff is good quality and excellent value.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • snowster
    snowster Posts: 490
    Any particular model I should be looking at?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Depends how many bits and pieces you want. I like basic, few allen keys, a phillips and flat screwdriver and a T25 bit. I carry a seperate chain tool (Parktools Minibrute) and some decent Parktools tyre levers.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Rookie1986
    Rookie1986 Posts: 153
    snowster wrote:
    Any particular model I should be looking at?

Love my Ratchet Rocket by Topeak, give it a Google, really nice piece of kit that's well made and has most of the basic stuff you'll need.
  • Lungs94
    Lungs94 Posts: 160

Thats your opinion, I've had crankbro multi tool for 8 months now and it's great quality, has everything you need and it's made solid mines still going strong after alot of use
    Bikes:
    2013 Mondraker Dune XR - XX1 XO1 Hope, Easton Carbon, Fox
    Voodoo Bizango XT - Hope, Pikes, Mavic
  • mrdsgs
    mrdsgs Posts: 337
    Topeak Hexus II about £15, brilliant but not the lightest (it includes tyre levers and chain tool)
    Colnago Addict!
  • rockmonkeysc
    Lungs94 wrote:

Thats your opinion, I've had crankbro multi tool for 8 months now and it's great quality, has everything you need and it's made solid mines still going strong after alot of use

I have one which is a rusty pile of useless crap with poor fitting allen keys and a useless screwdriver which has never fitted a single screw properly.
    Like all Crank Bros kit, it's poorly made, over priced rubbish. Not as bad as their wheels or hydraulic seatposts though.
  • kickaxe
    kickaxe Posts: 446
    Can't really blame the tool if you leave it to rust and don't use it...
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
    -A new Giant Trance 3 2015!
  • rockmonkeysc
    I kept it in my pack. Just like my Lezyne tool which works faultlessly and doesn't have a spot of rust.
    To be fair, Crank Bros have a poor reputation for quality.
  • Lungs94
    Lungs94 Posts: 160
    Lungs94 wrote:

I have one which is a rusty pile of useless crap with poor fitting allen keys and a useless screwdriver which has never fitted a single screw properly.
    Like all Crank Bros kit, it's poorly made, over priced rubbish. Not as bad as their wheels or hydraulic seatposts though.

Sounds like you have a grudge on Crankbro's, you got sent a faulty one perhaps? you can hardly blame everything Crankbro's make is rubbish because you had a bad experience, the reviews speak for themselves and fyi I have an old Crankbro multitool thats been sitting in my shed for ages and it doesn't have any rust and still works like new.
    Bikes:
    2013 Mondraker Dune XR - XX1 XO1 Hope, Easton Carbon, Fox
    Voodoo Bizango XT - Hope, Pikes, Mavic