arrr! it be pirate friday

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,530
edited May 2016 in The bottom bracket
yesterday was officially scorchio here, hoping for more of the same

off for a ride, this will involve scenery, climbs and cafe stops

i've found the perfect gun for v68's hilux, though it may require some modification to the shocks

raytheon_phalanx.jpg?x=648&y=863&infer_y=1
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    No sun here :(

Feeling better but not perfect, but had a great email saying my new car is delivered next Friday :)

Later is the pub
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Good morning, misty here this morning and cold (well for the end of May)with it,
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,299
    ooh, what's the new car? Is it a HiLux? If so, can I borrow it? I'll only make a couple of minor modifications.
    Morning folks,
    Lovely sunny morning and it's Fryday. Unfortunately I had to drive in as I have to bunk off early to take the girl for another appointment and no cafe for the same reason. At least I get to leave at 3 for POETS day and enjoy the long weekend. Went round to have a word with the neighbours last night, they weren't in. Probably going to be busy today as half the office aren't in, deep joy. First cup of tea has been drunk, need someone else to turn up and make me a second one.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • veronese68
    Arrr, more tea has arrived.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    Got up early with a slight fog as a few wines were sunk last night, first climb of the ride and my fog cleared only to be met with wet fog on't ills.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    Aaaar, shiver me timbers - prepare to bord em...

F*cking weather.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Went round to have a word with the neighbours last night, they weren't in.

You mean they switched the lights off and hid behind the couch.

I got rid of my dodgy neighbours so if you want some tips...
    How about a BB party - you provide the beer and burgers, we'll do the rest? Stevo could get some of his stoned sheep and put them over the wall. I'll bring a load of waste cooking oil effluent and some pumps.
    Either that or borrow my toots for a week. (They love pasta)

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    Did someone say burgers...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

Yes. Bring your mates. I'm fed up of this neighbour saga, we ought to help our fellow brother if only so he can move on in life and we can get some peace. There be irony in there, there be.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,530
    arrr, 't were a pleasant 100k, sea mist at famara quite scenic, raided several cafes and cavorted with the comely wenches

already scorchio here at 31, sun not at it's height yet

time for some lunch and a cold beer in a frozen glass, then it'll be time to board the sunbed
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:

Yes. Bring your mates. I'm fed up of this neighbour saga, we ought to help our fellow brother if only so he can move on in life and we can get some peace. There be irony in there, there be.
    You're fed up with it? Imagine how I feel. I'd let you and the toots kip in the garage if it wasn't so full.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

You're fed up with it? Imagine how I feel. I'd let you and the toots kip in the garage if it wasn't so full.

There's an Irish tinker who sometimes lurks in here - perhaps he could bring some of his wandering brethren to camp out in your garden.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    do I gym or booze after work
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Flâneur wrote:

ever see anyone happy in the gym, whereas the pub.......................
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:

Theoretically, the pub could be both. Get drunk and pick a fight.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,474
    edited May 2016
    Pinno wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Theoretically, the pub could be both. Get drunk and pick a fight.
    Shouldn't be too difficult on Merseyside.

ACOAD. Now on train home hoping to get some quality slobbing time in. Feeding the sheep more skunk will have to wait till tomorrow morning.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Chester is worse the Liverpool
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Flâneur wrote:
    Chester is worse the Liverpool
    Arr, tis true. The Dee be full o' cross-currents, scurvy dogs, and eels. The Mersey is just full o' Scousers.
    Salt pork and wine for tea. I just want some bacon and eggs. And I have discovered a box of red. Splice the mainbrace, me hearties!
    Yes, talk like a pirate day is in September, but it's all good practice.
    Ecrasez l’infame