the first thursday of the rest of your life

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,436
edited May 2016 in The bottom bracket
sun: rising, sky: blue, breeze: light

after yesterday's coke fuelled trip to haria to descend the hairpins, have a coffee, then go right back up again, a lazy day today

have a lovely day bbers
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Rain falling, Sky cloudy overcast, the joys of living in Lincoln
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Managed a bit of a lie in until 5.50am before the crazy woman next door started shrieking at her kids. At one point she was screaming that if they didn't stop crying she wouldn't take them out this afternoon. I find toddlers always respond well to shouted hollow threats about an invent some time in the future. Or perhaps they don't.
    Lovely and sunny down here, pleasant enough wobble in to work has been had. Things have gone downhill rapidly from there, I've just been told they are implementing a clear desk policy. This could cause a few issues, I've decided if they can't see my desk they won't know if it's clear or not.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    its wet here and not the good wet
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    I think "moist" is a very apt word for today, it's that wet rain thats just wet.

I have some serious plotting to do today, and some boring plotting which involves a large plan printer upstairs.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Managed a bit of a lie in until 5.50am before the crazy woman next door started shrieking at her kids. At one point she was screaming that if they didn't stop crying she wouldn't take them out this afternoon. I find toddlers always respond well to shouted hollow threats about an invent some time in the future. Or perhaps they don't.
    Lovely and sunny down here, pleasant enough wobble in to work has been had. Things have gone downhill rapidly from there, I've just been told they are implementing a clear desk policy. This could cause a few issues, I've decided if they can't see my desk they won't know if it's clear or not.

I think your neighbour's sister lives next to me at home, screams at her kids relentlessly. They're old enough now to start screaming back. Joy. I had plans to buy the boy an axe for his next birthday, figure it's only a matter of time till he needs it.

Work meh today. Given the project plan review we were given this morning, I could save that in my buffer and Ctrl +V for the next several weeks I think.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Morning Snozzwangers. Lovely sunny morning dann sarf. Loads of work to do but last day for a bit and off to sunny Polska for a week.

@HaydenM. All the symptoms point to Lyme disease. I'm an amateur doctor in my spare time, so to save yourself weeks of tests just tell em Sean says its deffo Lyme disease.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Flâneur
    Seano is well professional. Ya see when being a doc he becomes Sean.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    People seem to think I'm a doctor because I'm a first aider. I've had people ask me on a Monday morning about the sore ankle they got playing football on Saturday. More recently a bloke saying his heart felt funny. My usual response is to tell them they're going to die, but if they carry on I might accelerate the process.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    People think I work for the council. Sometimes I get phone calls saying that such and such bottle bank needs emptying or that their domestic waste bin wasn't collected.
    The 'I do not work for the council, we are not involved in domestic waste and it is little wonder you are all paying through the nose for waste removal through your council tax bill seen as you are all so ill informed* and do not know your concave from your convex*' tends not to go down very well.

Replace with the first asterisk with: F*cking stupid and you can work the second one out.

Rant over. Weather: Meh.

Sungod: you are becoming less popular by the day. I think we should arrange a lynch mob on your return.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Flâneur
    response or hope V68
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    Flâneur wrote:
    response or hope V68
    Response, it's a fact that they are going to die eventually. For some reason they don't find it helpful. Occasionally I point out that it's not first aid they are asking about, but usually I can't be bothered.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    response or hope V68
    Response, it's a fact that they are going to die eventually. For some reason they don't find it helpful. Occasionally I point out that it's not first aid they are asking about, but usually I can't be bothered.

Why don't you get a room with a psychiatrists chair as sideline, massage their ego's and charge them a fortune? Run it by the boss and tell him it's for the mental and physical well being of the workforce as we really value them and these are the lengths we are prepared to go to. Then get an 'Investor's in people' plaque and add the logo to every communication.
  • veronese68
    No, whilst I would have the patients I don't have the patience. I'd rather tell them to man up and foxtrot oscar.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    No, whilst I would have the patients I don't have the patience. I'd rather tell them to man up and foxtrot oscar.

Just out of pure curiosity, have you run out of biscuits?
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Don't be silly, but I am down to the last packet of chocolate chip cookies so a trip to Sainsbury's is needed. Not to worry, a colleague has gone to buy the cakes as it's his birthday so I won't waste away.
  • Wheelspinner
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Don't be silly, but I am down to the last packet of chocolate chip cookies so a trip to Sainsbury's is needed. Not to worry, a colleague has gone to buy the cakes as it's his birthday so I won't waste away.
    It's the threat of that clean desk that has him all cranky...

Rightly so too. :D
  • sungod
    clean desk policies are a sign that a cull is needed, fortunately they also identify the targets

get rid of the people who came up the with the policy and overall business performance will improve
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Meandering through the last few months of work which means I need a change in path as life is too short not to be passionate about your role. Interesting as I haven't needed to do a CV for 30 years....onwards and upwards.

Lunch is chicken balti with brown rice and some porridge around 4pm as I'm having my legs ripped off again by my local clubs fast group. It hurt on Tuesday and tonight will hurt again. A lot. I will be lean and mean or as much as a 49 year old pie eater can be.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    Sungod: you are becoming less popular by the day. I think we should arrange a lynch mob on your return.

just hit 29 celsius in the shade, still two hours until solar noon, i may officially declare scorchio

if things get too hot, the pool is just right

off to work on my tan, read, listen to music, loud, in the words of hst

"let it roll!" he screamed. "just as high as the fucker_ can go! and when it comes to that fantastic bit where the rabbit bites its own head off, i want you to throw that fuckin' radio into the tub with me!
  • veronese68
    I've decided to embrace the clear desk policy. So far I've had 3 cakes off the spare desk in my attempts at clearing it, might have a chocolate brownie next.
  • Wheelspinner
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I've decided to embrace the clear desk policy. So far I've had 3 cakes off the spare desk in my attempts at clearing it, might have a chocolate brownie next.
    It's a thankless task.

Soldier on.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Clear desk policy is easy when the desks are cleared by someone else if you don't do it yourself. Officially we hotdesk, but I have my own personal hotdesk :)

Need to leave early as Stropteen is off to the O2 in Brixton tonight with a couple of her mates to see a gig and I've been nominated as the getaway driver...if it were my choice I'd tell 'em to make their own way.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Do these hotdesks have a biscuit drawer?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Managed to polish off half a pack of Choc Digestives without realising, soon be the entirety i'm sure.
    Also trying not to strangle the constant stream of people I can hear about talking about Radio 1's Big Weekend (happening 5 mins down the road from me in Exeter this weekend).
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    I've got bad aids again, so I should have slipped off early - too late now and the ferkin m42 will be grid locked :(

Later will be a bath and bed
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Nope, but I have a biscuit locker.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur

yeah whichever one V68 is sat at (or me having nailed a 20% extra pack of choc digestives in 24 hours... again)
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao - late arrival here.

Glorious sunshine while I was at work today and planning my evening past is in the garden. Now pisssssing down and freezing cold. Bah.

TDV has just texted from whatever Goddamn random part of the world she is in to say that she has just had an (I quote) "an amazing shopping experience and has saved $500 on two handbags. But at least you (ie me) has new underwear". Great.

Re scremin' banshee crone of quotes above: just burn her house down. That'll give her something to to moan about.

Ciao
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    People seem to think I'm a doctor because I'm a first aider. I've had people ask me on a Monday morning about the sore ankle they got playing football on Saturday. More recently a bloke saying his heart felt funny. My usual response is to tell them they're going to die, but if they carry on I might accelerate the process.

I had a dude call me from a building site saying that he had just put a shovel through his leg and what should he do.

I told him to call somewhere who was closer than 15 miles away or maybe do what sensible people and go to a hospital. He genuinely seemed grateful for this information.

And they let these people have shovels......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    People think I work for the council. Sometimes I get phone calls saying that such and such bottle bank needs emptying or that their domestic waste bin wasn't collected.
    The 'I do not work for the council, we are not involved in domestic waste and it is little wonder you are all paying through the nose for waste removal through your council tax bill seen as you are all so ill informed* and do not know your concave from your convex*' tends not to go down very well.

Replace with the first asterisk with: F*cking stupid and you can work the second one out.

Rant over. Weather: Meh.

Laters.

I initially read Pinno's last sentence as:" ...... Lynch mob on your rectum".

Now that's a tad harsh I said to myself ......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.