eating while cycling, a different view point

Jay_Forme
Jay_Forme Posts: 132
edited May 2016 in Road general
I went for a little cycle last night, id had a long day so wasn't far or fast, but I got out.

About a mile into the back roads of Lincolnshire I went through swarm after swarm of flies, I must have eaten a good kilo of the little buggers.

This got me thinking, are they going to kill me or am I going to get home with some unknown power due to fly protein.

After a little search I found this site....

http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles. ... Your-Diet/

Although I wont be giving up my homemade flapjacks any time soon, nice to know should I get peckish I can survive cycling mouth wide open.

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Well a similar technique works for a blue whale, although they don't generally cycle. Possibly because steel rusts and carbon bikes dissolve in water.
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    Don't forget that flies often dine on poo and don't wear shoes or wash their hands afterwards.
  • Jay_Forme
    Jay_Forme Posts: 132
    Don't forget that flies often dine on poo and don't wear shoes or wash their hands afterwards.

a high protein/weight loss food... (granted you will have the poo's for a week)
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,613
    Perhaps this thread should be merged with the one about what to eat for an 8 hour ride.
  • priory
    priory Posts: 743
    Raleigh Eclipse, , Dahon Jetstream XP, Raleigh Banana, Dawes super galaxy, Raleigh Clubman

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z122 ... =slideshow
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954

Yes, I do think about this when I'm cycling past a field that reeks of manure and I'm getting covered in flies. I've decided to avoid going past the power plant that burns chicken crap altogether.
  • Rollett
    Rollett Posts: 37

Yes, I do think about this when I'm cycling past a field that reeks of manure and I'm getting covered in flies. I've decided to avoid going past the power plant that burns chicken crap altogether.

Flys actually wash their "hands" every like 30 seconds! Yay for hand washing! That said its washed with their fly spit... which was in poo..
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    MrB123 wrote:
    Perhaps this thread should be merged with the one about what to eat for an 8 hour ride.
    And the Kask Protone fly magnet one as well.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,861
    Sounds more like children to me. And ones who will do well at school... http://www.independent.co.uk/news/educa ... 44576.html
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,495
    I was out last night trying to keep with with some of the fast boys, mouth wide open and swalled what felt like a small bird. It hit me right, square in the back of the throat and I nearly puked.

I was riding along for the next 30 seconds gagging and trying to either spit it out or wash it down. So far not many ill effects...