Cube Agree GTC Race 2014 53T Chainring Compatable?

cloudy161
cloudy161 Posts: 2
edited May 2016 in Workshop
All,

I've just upgraded my chainrings from an FSA 50/34T to a rotor Q-ring 53/36T combo.

The new 53T Q-ring is making contact with the chainstay at the rear - all the way round, not only at the widest part of the ring. It's a full contact as well, not just brushing. This is before the chain has even been fitted.

The new chainring and cranks are compatible with the BB I've got according to the spec sheet online (BB-AL86 press fit, 24mm dia).

Does anyone know if the Cube GTC Agree Race 2014 chainstays were designed to only fit a compact chainset?

Any potential spacer solutions? I could change the 53T to a 52T, but would rather not drop back to a 50T (the 50T might also rub at the widest part of the q-ring!).

Appreciate any guidance. I can post photos if it would prove useful.

Comments

• jomoj
    jomoj Posts: 777
    Is the Q ring wider than the 50t round at its narrowest point? If it is and it's still rubbing it would suggest that the ring is offset inboard compared to the original... though that would be odd. Of our is then maybe you could space the ring out a little but it would still be pretty tight. I'm fairly sure you can space out a press fit bb.