merry monday

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,437
edited May 2016 in The bottom bracket
sun is peeking over the volcano, time for a ride before my afternoon bask

hottest day so far yesterday, had to get in the pool a couple of times for a cooling dip :D
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Nothing merry about it at all - work, work, work.

Nice weather though, might take a drive over to Ashbourne this morning to check a valuation. Team meeting later, what joy.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I'm not convinced of this Monday malarkey, I'm not coming in next Monday. Had to drive in this morning so I can take the girl in to school later, need to have a chat with them too. Meeting in the pub down the road about the street party again, even though they sell beer I might try to get the Mrs to go in my place.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Had an exciting weekend purchasing sea kayaks and visiting the GF's family, interspersed with some trying desperately to avoid hitting any cyclists on the A63 race on Saturday. I can't say riding along that duel carriageway appeals to me in the slightest...
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Managed to avoid proper work for most of the day. Second glass of Shiraz is doing the job. Pub is playing a quality soundtrack of early Stones, Credence and Doors.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Up nice and early for a quick ride before work.

Nice day here so a shame I'm in work but never mind, anyway what's this scorcher we're supposed to have next Monday? Or is it typically going to be hot in some random area down south whilst we have to make do with BBQing in coats?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Alive a mornings work done. time to find a brew, except I know I have no milk here
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Meh, busy work stuff

Managed a mini commute after a reasonable drive in, later is either borrow the hedge trimmers of the next door neighbour or going out in his plane
  • Flâneur
    you got a preference TLW?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Later is babysitting, dinnermaking and an early night as I'm cider country tomorrow.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Flâneur wrote:
    you got a preference TLW?

Hhhmmmmm hard choice ;)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    The beginning of PPP...

Meh, what a can of worms that has been opened.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Spent most of today writing slides for a presentation - yawn. Need to head home soon as the trouble n strife is out tonight. A bit of pedalling will be had tomorrow at least - I think I need it.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    death by power point, if it kills you I really feel sorry for the punters/minions/board
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    death by power point, if it kills you I really feel sorry for the punters/minions/board
    You're right, I've suffered so I'll make bloody sure they suffer too, not that I have much sympathy for semi-feral local finance directors. Given the subject matter it tax, that shouldn't be too difficult :) I reckon the boss given me the slot just before the contentious presentation to soften them up a bit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Would those semi 'feral' finance directors be from Essex?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Nope, Johnny foreigners.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Nope, Johnny foreigners.

Same thing isn't it?
  • Flâneur
    Pinno, he is talking about Cornwall and north of Watford Gap
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:

Thanks for that.
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    I'm presenting in Berlin. One of the biggest ferals lives in the country that was the runner up in the last two world wars, to give you a clue.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    I'm presenting in Berlin. One of the biggest ferals lives in the country that was the runner up in the last two world wars, to give you a clue.

Do your presentation like this