Handlebar riser

core00
core00 Posts: 169
edited May 2016 in MTB beginners
Just wondering if 40mm riser is a bit too much? My friend is selling his wide riser with 40mm rise and another guy is selling a riser with 20mm rise.

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    No onr can answer that. It's up to you what's going to be comfortable.
  • wilberforce
    wilberforce Posts: 294
    As above so see if you can try before you buy .....
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Riding position (of which bar height is but one feature) is very personal, it also depends on where your bars are now, what bike you ride and where and how you ride it.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • core00
    The Rookie wrote:
    Riding position (of which bar height is but one feature) is very personal, it also depends on where your bars are now, what bike you ride and where and how you ride it.

It will be put on bizango, so far only been to Swinley but will explore more soon as I've been ill and busy for the past weekends.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Bizango has quite a tall front end (like most 29ers). A 40mm rise would be unusual on that bike. You might find it reduces front wheel grip.
    What's the reason for wanting to go higher?
  • core00
    Bizango has quite a tall front end (like most 29ers). A 40mm rise would be unusual on that bike. You might find it reduces front wheel grip.
    What's the reason for wanting to go higher?

Oh no particular reason, I'm only testing the 40mm rise to see how it feels and because its the only riser my friend has. If that's the case then I might get the other riser from the other guy which is 25mm rise, 6 upsweep and 9 backsweep.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Why not just stay with flats?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.