You had *one* job Sunday.

Wheelspinner
Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
edited May 2016 in The bottom bracket
Nailed it.

In other news... Back in an airport. Bring on in-flight bar service please!
Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    it's a dirty job but someone's got to do it

no lounge?
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Traditional slow start has been had, might put the coffee on now. Not much going on today, might go into the loft as the EPO wants her summer clothes out. Her fault if it rains for a month now.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Skipped my ride (8am) too early and the flat needed a clean before the Date comes home and sees the state of it from last night. May go hit the gym think it is going to rain.

Pulled pork and the sweet potato went down extremely well. The beers not so much, 5 guys and only 17 bottles of Asahi went. 3 chickens was a good idea, again people ate it but plenty left for salads this week!
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Forsaken a nice 85 mile club ride to spend time with the family - well at least the sun is shining and the tootettes are not arguing.

Talking of chickens, the youngest has decided she wants to go to Nandos for her birthday meal :(

Never been before, am I likely to bump into the cast of TOWIE, is it shoite, will I even want to go back. Should I do a runner and try and make up a good hour of riding to join the club ride?
  • Wheelspinner
    sungod wrote:
    it's a dirty job but someone's got to do it

no lounge?
    The departure gate is more luxurious than that particular airlines "lounge". Flight an hour late. Bar service slow and stingy. Now I have Fangio for a cab driver.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    it is chicken and chips at a decent price full of teenagers and people thinking they are having a great day out.

Could be a lot worse
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    The departure gate is more luxurious than that particular airlines "lounge". Flight an hour late. Bar service slow and stingy. Now I have Fangio for a cab driver.

sounds like the ba one in istanbul, i actually felt dirty after being in there, even the carpet was sticky

did a tough 90km around/up/down the volcanoes, savage wind at the start but calmed a bit and gone sunny, ready for an afternoon's basking by the pool
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job.

Toots swam. Toots went to soft play area. Now we're sat around the idiots lantern until lunchtime. Sun is out and little breeze but pedalling plans are fooked unless I can get a baby sitter at short notice.

Giro TT today - could be good. Wish the TdF was as good as the Giro.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Nailed it.

Spinner, where are you working at the moment out interest? We are approaching SG/T47 levels of attempted mysteriousness.

Not much on today apart from amusing the hound and a few jobs.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice early start and 65 mile ride, rode back to meet up with the old cycling club - then did a loop back here. Surprised the wife with 9 people for tea :)

Since then it's been a few jobs and now looking after the ill eldest whilst the wife goes for a walk with youngest

Should probably visit the pub soon
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Sunday's one job - locating some scran, then consuming the food. Pub it was then.
    Now consuming some Belgian ales at home with Pink Floyd to accompany them. Trying not to think of work tomorrow. More beer might cure that.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    edited May 2016
    75 miles later, cake stop,at Ellesmere and raced to rain clouds back home.

Lying inebriated with aching legs on the sofa and thinking I'll start the evening meal shortly.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    So, I haven't managed the one job. But I have done a couple of others. Any weather screw ups are not my fault. The Mrs found where all the little moths we've been battling are coming from. They are in the little holes in the kitchen cupboards for different shelf heights. All excess holes* now filled with silicone sealant. Also went floor shopping and have ordered new floor for shower room.

* that's holes in kitchen units.
  • pinno
    Holes in yer teef, holes in your kitchen units :roll:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Slowmart wrote:

Lying inebriated with aching legs on the sofa and thinking I'll start the evening meal shortly.

Should have gone to my mates pub in welshampton
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    TLW1 wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:

Should have gone to my mates pub in welshampton
    Was gonna crow about how I got t' pub before thee.. Didn't work...
    Chapua for the ride (pesky autospelling is tres annoyant) Forgot what I was doing, love to all...
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Wheelspinner
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Nailed it.

Spinner, where are you working at the moment out interest? We are approaching SG/T47 levels of attempted mysteriousness.

Not much on today apart from amusing the hound and a few jobs.

Sadly no mystery to maintain. I have the joys of a "commute" to Land of Wrong White Crowd, also known as New Zealand. It's a 3 hour flight, but because it's international it means check in 90 mins before hand, and the customs and immigration stuff at the far end. Given it's another 30 - 40 minutes commute at each end to and from airport/home/hotel, plus the inevitable delays in flight schedules, it usually ends up being somewhere between a 6 and 7 hour trip.

Lovely place over here. Have just bought a used single speed MTB to punt around town for something to do instead of sitting in my room with a bottle of whisky most evenings.
  • Stevo_666
    I've done that journey once before - Sydney to Christchurch on a Jetstar flight which was a bit like a down under version of Easyjet. It was a bit if a faff.

And what was it some Aussie once said about the reason for filming Lord of the Rings in New Zealand was because they didn't have to put any make up on the extras :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Perhaps Spinner just thinks that NZ has the better looking sheep.
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    He needs a job in Wales.
  • Wheelspinner
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    He needs a job in Wales.
    Do people work in Wales? There are jobs?
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    He needs a job in Wales.
    Do people work in Wales? There are jobs?

The one's who are out of work are out of work and the one's in a job stop looking for work as soon as they are on the payroll.