i'm charged with cosmic energy, has the world gone mad or is it me, saturday

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,437
edited May 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

a lazy day is dawning, no long ride as ironman is today, the best roads will be rammed and covered in their shiny plastic droppings

probably shopping, ride along the coast, coffees, cakes, lay in the sun

enjoy things all
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Great night watching Chris helme last night, the beer was fun too :)

Today is collect the car via a cycle or run them over to a mates house to help him move

If his text is to be believed it's only a couple of hours and I will meet up with the family and my FIL for lunch - but I doubt that

Later is the local pub
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Ride was abandoned today because of the weather, typically its drying up now...

Mates round for dinner tonight but one is as fussy as a fussy thing fussing about.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Full English and coffee in town with a couple of mates is on the cards this morning, followed by a few jobs. Just have to drop Stropteen off at her Saturday activity first. Later will be supporting Crystal Palace on a temporary basis.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning all, such a long title I feel asleep reading it. Got a ride in last night, got home just as the heavens were about to unleash. Lucked out.

Just put on 2 pork shoulders to slow cook for pulled pork. Mates are over later for n old console night as it is for a b'day. Roasted chickens, pulled bbq pork, sweet potato and halloumi.

Now a quick round of golf. then giro/football

Enjoy the manual labour T. Get back out HD. Watch that cholesterol Stevo, we know you don't burn it off riding up hill
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    edited May 2016
    I'm just about to start smoking a beer chicken for friends coming round at lunch. I've bought some pre cooked ribs, bung in the oven for 25 minutes and then finished on the bbq as I don't have the patience for a six hour cooking session but I will have by the end of the summer.

It will rain, I will get wet but my taste buds are shouting for a smoked beer chicken with ribs.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Flâneur
    you got a smoker or you doing this in the oven?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    Weather - meh.

Blew myself out yesterday so don't have impending urge to pedal which is just as well as I have the Toots all day. Might need it by the end of the day...
    Previous minion is due anytime now, should be a good Craic.

Must have another coffee. Giro Later; it's good. It's always better than the TdF and it's hotting up.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • slowmart
    Flâneur wrote:
    you got a smoker or you doing this in the oven?

On the gas bbq- I've a smoke box which I put damp and seasoned wood on. The box goes on the direct heat and the chicken sits on a base filled with beer....mmmm so far it's not rained ;-)

If works really well but I have my eye on dedicated smoker as smoking ribs does appeal. The thing is my wife is vegetarian and my daughter is a fussy eater.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • slowmart
    Scrub that, the rain has begun

Desmond Tutu
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Traditional slow start was had. Popped round to the scout hut to sort some admin out. Got dragged into various other things and did a runner as so as I could.
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    Watch that cholesterol Stevo, we know you don't burn it off riding up hill
    So do you burn it off going downhill? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    depends how tight your core is! I'll let you tell us how good you are. All better than 1000 motorway miles mind

I like the idea of a smoker and a pizza oven in the garden. I've done bbq beer in USA n SA a lot may try it in the oven later. Sounds like a decent set up you have without having the expense of a real one
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • homers_double
    Just put my cheesecake in the fridge for a few hours to chill down, it's looking good!

Ride has been rescheduled for tomorrow so id better not get smashed tonight.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    Ride has been rescheduled for tomorrow so id better not get smashed tonight.

Don't understand

Just arranged a ride tomorrow and a night out tonight :)
  • homers_double
    Our ride starts at 6am :|
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    depends how tight your core is! I'll let you tell us how good you are. All better than 1000 motorway miles mind
    Not bad I think. I can tell you it's a lot more physical than people think judging by a he's n pains and how knackered you are afterwards.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Not bad I think. I can tell you it's a lot more physical than people think judging by a he's n pains and how knackered you are afterwards.

It's a giant leap from the Zimmer frame to the bike - little wonder you are a bit sore afterwards.

I found this for you
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    No problem. Just make sure you have finished drinking by 6am.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • tlw1

Correct
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Can you smell TCP?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno

I think it would be prudent to have chips with curry sauce at about 5am.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    Pinno wrote:

Banned by the UCI I think. Mmm, chips and curry sauce...
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:

Falefel and Pitta bread? ooooer... Just you go ahead and ask for that standing in the queue of the Dog Burger van on the Newark bypass...
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    Pinno wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Falefel and Pitta bread? ooooer... Just you go ahead and ask for that standing in the queue of the Dog Burger van on the Newark bypass...
    Whatever gets over the line baby..
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

It's a giant leap from the Zimmer frame to the bike - little wonder you are a bit sore afterwards.

I found this for you
    I'll take up being a roadie when I'm too old for downhill :)
  • Flâneur
    6am ride, wtf
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:
    6am ride, wtf

Hasn't the date expected 6am 'rides' ?