Olympic kit

ugo.santalucia
ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,242
edited June 2016 in The cake stop
Is that right? Tom Daley might as well go with a man-kini, I would say... would that thing be allowed on the beach in Sunderland?

_89464726_stella_kit.jpg
left the forum March 2023

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    hah - the only "issue" I see is that mortals will buy the "kit" and wear it "with pride" despite the fact that most of it will be obscured by overhanging bellies! ;)
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    the coat of arms looks terrible
  • prhymeate
    prhymeate Posts: 795
    Microscopic swimming trunks aside, that design is pretty bad. It looks like they couldn't decide on one design so just threw them all on.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,242
    I thought Mark Spitz had a low cut, but it's nothing compared to Tom Daley's...

894afdc6795e8a457348ac363fe017e1.JPG

That said, Phelps... :oops:

c0cdeafa8ffc439dcf3b41a89347febd.jpg
    left the forum March 2023
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    And it seems they've included pyjamas this year, looking at the lady on the right.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    You can see the cycling bodysuit on the right in this pic.

http://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsp ... euters.jpg
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    Every single garment looks awful
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Gethinceri wrote:
    Every single garment looks awful

I thought the same of the last olympic kit. At least this one is Red/White/Blue. Trouble is they have given the job to a fashion designer who seems to get the olympic kit ticket coz of who her dad is.

What would really be cool is to go retro and just have Red/White/Blue band across the chest on the tops. Classic.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    well I actually quite like the track cycling kit because the darker colours mean the "fake" coat of arms thing doesnt detract so much from it...but I dont get the "fake" coat of arms thing, or why Stella has to design it...though I do think alot of people have missed the point that Rio isnt quite the same temperature as Great Britain.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Doesnt look so bad here:

12976250_1570836893209529_1180467405_n.jpg
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,736
    I don't think it looks that bad but it's not very distinctive - modern GB kits seem to be designed to look OK if you used the design on some casual/sports wear rather than something bold that stands out and looks striking whilst being used in the Olympics. So it's inoffensive but not great - 5 out of 10.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Its a kind of hybrid 'The New Avengers' and 'Charlies Angles' design, and I quite like it for that.

I think it will be a grower, especially when we win medals in it.

I will be getting my wife another ladies crop top like Jessica's
    There will be no belly hanging underneath slowbike.
    I think her abs look better than mrs Ennis-Hill's in that photo tbh :wink:

Not so keen on the Paralympic overcoat though!
    (Sorry for the Sutton'ism :oops: , just being topical lol).
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Is that right? Tom Daley might as well go with a man-kini, I would say... would that thing be allowed on the beach in Sunderland?

_89464726_stella_kit.jpg
    If Tonia Couch is wearing the same kit it would make the diving more interesting.

It's amazing how similar Tom and I look in our speedos. And he's still only 22! He's been around for ages.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,944
    awavey wrote:
    well I actually quite like the track cycling kit because the darker colours mean the "fake" coat of arms thing doesnt detract so much from it...but I dont get the "fake" coat of arms thing, or why Stella has to design it...though I do think alot of people have missed the point that Rio isnt quite the same temperature as Great Britain.

If you mean that "Stella designed the coat of arms", she didn't. It came from the College of Arms.

The older I get, the better I was.

• secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    apreading wrote:
    Doesnt look so bad here:

12976250_1570836893209529_1180467405_n.jpg

Let's be honest: a hessian sack would look good on those two

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Frank Wilson
    Frank Wilson Posts: 930
    No green in it to represent Wales once again.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    You've got some red, and should be grateful! :wink:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Don't Wales and Scotland compete in their own name or is that something else? Also I think one international thing Yorkshire ended up with the most medals out of home nations so perhaps we should swap the lions for whippets and have them wearing floppy flat/cloth caps!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,586
    Or just Yorkshire blue and yellow.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Don't Wales and Scotland compete in their own name or is that something else? Also I think one international thing Yorkshire ended up with the most medals out of home nations so perhaps we should swap the lions for whippets and have them wearing floppy flat/cloth caps!

You're thinking of the Commonwealth games, they're treated as being former colonies :lol:

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Well they are, aren't they?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479

Eh? I'm a proud Welshman but I've never expected to see green anywhere on a GB kit. For that matter, I've never really associated it with Welsh kit either - very few Welsh rugby shirts have included green although it does make an appearance quite regularly in small measures on the football kit.
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    would that thing be allowed on the beach in Sunderland?
    Only on a Tuesday night ............ apparently :D