Must be Friday, I'm in an airport

Wheelspinner
Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
edited May 2016 in The bottom bracket
Again. At least the Friday ones mean I am going home to visit. As in, I'll get re-acquainted with the lawn mower, and associated cleaning and gardening tools before I get on a plane and come back here. :(

Still, any day at home is a bonus. At least I get to visit the bikes...
Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Yeah Friday = working locally so cycling to work

Later is a night out with the current wife :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    No cycling for me today as I have to take the girl in to school later. Looking forward to a weekend of not doing a whole lot, but I'm sure something will come up. Also hoping for a reasonably quiet day with not too many silly questions, equally unlikely. My favourite silly question recently was the guy that asked me if replacing a chassis was a body off job. Errr... that's like asking if you have to take the wheels off a bike to replace the frame.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    ...My favourite silly question recently was the guy that asked me if replacing a chassis was a body off job..

Doesn't sound like he has got a clue. The potential for come back is huge there and when it all goes wrong (which it will), it will be your fault.

Just enjoying the peace and quiet as Toots are at Nursery and Mum is at the sauna before I go out pedalling. Kind of pi$$ed off is an understatement as it's windy again, so effectively, I have been battling with winds since friggin October.

Here is a weblink to track Stevo's progress up and down the M1.

'Stevo ticker'
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    A couple of emails to send and then I'm off for a good ride.

Later is a few calls, daughter to hairdressers and a meal out with my better half.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Been for a ride already this morning and got a bit wet. Quite enjoyed it though as the KM's seemed to zip by.

Got some quotes to do, some complaining to do, some internet shopping to do and other menial tasks.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    had a ride, up over femes to start, first coffee stop at the top, wind has dropped to about 20-30k mostly, makes it less of a slog outbound than last few days, last stop at 90k with a coffee and doughnut, could do with more sun though, i have complained about this and now expect significant and sustained improvement

curry tonight :)
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    More wind forecast then?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Dates away all weekend. Just ate a pack of hobknobs, definitely a bike ride later to sort that.

Trying to match the current Porsche Gt3 RS lava red and lilac to pantone colours. Harder than I expected, throw in being colour blind...

seen the scratch now. she is buying me a bike and a watch I think. May be able to polish it out tho
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    working from home today so got to put the new turbo* through it's paces. Had a nice cycle around Perth whilst not leaving my flat! It is much better than a dumb turbo.

*yes Pinno it is a turbo :D
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Work done, it was rubbish. It always is. Now finished. A local horse fair with many travelling folk means some local pubs are closed for the day, curtailing drinking options. Might stay home and drink cider.
    In an occasional (for me) cycling topic, I adjusted the disc brakes on my commuter/tourer and can now stop.
    Laters.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Had to bunk off early to take the girl to the quack's. Driving home saw a mate's motorbike outside the pub so we popped in to say hello. Eventually get home and the Mrs rang to say she fancied a drink and would I meet her in the pub. Back I go.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Pinno wrote:
    Here is a weblink to track Stevo's progress up and down the M1.

'Stevo ticker'
    A1 and M11 for me. The M1 is sh1t and too far West.

That's probably enough motorway driving for now. 1,140 miles in 2 days. I am bolloxed. At least I've got a full English and coffee lined up with some mates in town in Beckenham tomorrow morning. Might walk there!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]