Pulled Pork or Salted caramel?

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited June 2016 in The cake stop
I know that you can easily have both in one sitting, but if you had to chose that only one of these entered our lives recently, which would it be?

Comments

• dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Don't mind, as long as it's on a plate and not a fecking roof tile.
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    Pulled pork for me.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Salted caramel. I don't eat meat.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    ^^ What he said. Funny how food tastes are moving so quickly, I don't think I saw a red pepper in the flesh until I was 17 and now shops like Waitrose and Sainsburys have blueberries listed under their "Essentials" ranges.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    I'll show my ignorance.
    Isn't pulled pork just pork where someone has taken it off the bone for you?
    Lazy. :wink:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pblakeney
    oxoman wrote:
    Pretty much, oh and cooked specially slow so tender I believe. Just an excuse to charge more for it.
    Yet another example of marketing over substance.
    Nice to know that I have been eating "trendy" food for decades.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Pulled pork is a way of disguising that you've bought crap pork that doesnt taste of anything no?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    You lot are soooooooo 2015.
    Went to a party a couple of weeks back where my up their own ar5e5 in laws were in attendance. They have moved on from Pulled Pork and Salted Caramel.
    It's now Avocado and Chorizo for breakfast!!! To55ers.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • pblakeney
    Mr Goo wrote:
    You lot are soooooooo 2015.
    Went to a party a couple of weeks back where my up their own ar5e5 in laws were in attendance. They have moved on from Pulled Pork and Salted Caramel.
    It's now Avocado and Chorizo for breakfast!!! To55ers.
    I'll stick to 1975. Pork and apple sauce with a cider on the side.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    PBlakeney wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Pretty much, oh and cooked specially slow so tender I believe. Just an excuse to charge more for it.
    Yet another example of marketing over substance.

Yep, it's right up there with foam, which seems to be ever present on Masterchef and the like. Sorry for being gross, but it looks like saliva on the plate - no thank you. :shock:
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Salted caramel? Having had a main holiday in Devon and Cornwall last year I think of fudge with that option. If you did mean salted caramel fudge I'd choose that. Pulled pork is just pork with a price tag. I'm not an fan of pork unless in the form of bacon or Westmoreland sausages from Booths.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Never eaten either.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,411
    PBlakeney wrote:
    I'll show my ignorance.
    :wink:

No. It's for those f'wits who either can't be trusted with sharp implements or don't possess the necessary skills to carve meat. Possibly both.

Either way it's chavvy and base.

[\rant_mode_OFF]

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    I think I am a bit dyslexic . I read this topic as Pulled Pork or Salted Camel!
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    If I go to Borough Market, gotta have salt beef sandwich and salted caramel fudge (its crumbly and a bit crystallised from the stall there, V nice!)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    PBlakeney wrote:
    I'll show my ignorance.
    Lazy. :wink:

Yes, it's where a fat sweaty bloke in a vest and shorts has sat with your pork joint on his lap and ripped bits off it whilst picking his nose and scratching his arse. That's what 'pulled' means.

I just buy decent quality meat myself! :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    lesfirth wrote:

Once had camel's liver when working in Sudan. Dimly lit outdoor 'restaurant'. Slowly dawned on us that it was raw and the sticky sauce was congealed blood.

So if the choice is pulled pork or salted camel I'd probably choose the pork...
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Both vile
    As for chilli chocolate, don't get me started

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    keef66 wrote:
    lesfirth wrote:

Once had camel's liver when working in Sudan. Dimly lit outdoor 'restaurant'. Slowly dawned on us that it was raw and the sticky sauce was congealed blood.

Crikey i would have had the hump about that,i dread to think what was for desert.
  • Anonymous
    keef66 wrote:
    lesfirth wrote:

Crikey i would have had the hump about that,i dread to think what was for desert.

I would say he got his just deserts for ordering the camels liver :lol:
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    dodgy wrote:
    Don't mind, as long as it's on a plate and not a ******* roof tile.
    NOr on a reclaimed floorboard. It'll be basket meals again soon.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Sh1it in a basket!
  • jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    I don't eat meat but Pulled Pork looks especially nasty. Isn't it just mechanically reclaimed meat by another name?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Well, I'm sure some of it is, originally it was a way to use the whole of a Pig carcass though. As in the bits that don't make good cuts of meet or dont taste of much. It's origins are genuine, but the hipster cache it has acquired is, well, hipster cache
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Anonymous
    dodgy wrote:
    Don't mind, as long as it's on a plate and not a ******* roof tile.

I had some kind of ham joint in Holland once.
    It came on a square block of wood and was attached by a chain/trap thing which was bolted to the wood.

It was as if the pig was caught in the trap, then all the other bits chopped off before being cooked and served.

The funny thing was that all three of the other people with me copied my meal choice, but one between all of us would have been enough!