Any issues with distance from bike to bike, disc brakes etc? Tyres are 23-28mm
Say... That's a nice bike..
Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)

Comments

• captain_chaos
    captain_chaos Posts: 107
    Considering getting one of these to fit the four bikes

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-3-4-5-BIKE- ... vfbym_dArQ

Any issues with distance from bike to bike, disc brakes etc? Tyres are 23-28mm

I bought something very similar recently - a 3 bike rack that I mounted to the garage wall rather than floor. This was for 3 road bikes. Comments:
    1 - Gap between hoops for tyres too wide for road bikes (25mm) but I fitted some pipe lagging on each hoop and now fits perfectly - much better in fact.
    2 - Gap between bikes - quite close. I have had to alternate the way the bikes go in - so the first is held by the front wheel, the next by the rear wheel and the 3rd by the front wheel again other wise the handle bars are too close

These things are all much of a muchness and price so if you're happy to compromise a little then they're fine. Luckily I had some pipe lagging

Hope that helps
  • I've got the 5-bike version of that in my garage. They are a bit too close for 5 bikes - the handlebars get in the way. Road bikes are probably okay as they have slightly narrower bars, but my garage has a mix of wife's shopper, my road bikes, my pub bike, folding bike, kids bikes, etc.

My wife started putting bikes in backwards but I yelped when I saw they were resting on the rear derailleurs and she's stopped doing that now! :)
    Never be tempted to race against a Barclays Cycle Hire bike. If you do, there are only two outcomes. Of these, by far the better is that you now have the scalp of a Boris Bike.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Might be worth getting two pairs rather than one four (assuming that that is what FJ is linking to - I can't do Ebay at work because 'it is gambling'! Lucky BR and FB are OK......); that way you can get a bit of extra space in.
    Some also have high and low positions which may help. Also some don't have mounting holes which could be an unnecessary irritation.
    Some I noted were listed as suitable for disc brakes - mine very much not.
    Faster than a tent.......