sungod Posts: 16,435
edited May 2016 in The bottom bracket
sunbed, pool, jacuzzi, bike, there's a time and a place for everything

the place is here, the time is bike
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    If you're holidaying on your own surely you'll have time for a walk as well?

On the train into sunny London for a day of corporate fun and games. Fortunately this is my Thursday :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Today is my Tuesday :(

Drive/ride commute again today, means I'm already hungry :( third cup of tea at my desk and I want biscuits...... Going to be a long day
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I have biscuits. I've actually cut my biscuit consumption by a third, does that count as a diet? I only have 2 biscuits with a cup of tea rather than 3. Only had one cup of tea so far as I've got to drive to Rugby shortly to visit a customer. Pub lunch will be involved, but unfortunately I have to drive back. Hire car for the day is a Skoda Slightlyaboveaverage. Hopefully the traffic won't be too bad and we can get there and back fairly easily.
    Anybody want a ginger nut?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Does anyone here have a job in Health and Safety? If so I feel sorry for you, I really really do...

Hopefully I'll be out riding tonight before the weather sets in then making a curry for dinner as the boss is doing a spin class.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    really is becoming a shit week. friend remembered about the half ironman he entered us both for. I had hoped he had forgotten. Off to the Lakes I go
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • sungod
    Stevo 666 wrote:

On the train into sunny London for a day of corporate fun and games. Fortunately this is my Thursday :)

walk? if i had meant us to walk i wouldn't have given us bikes
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    sungod wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

walk? if i had meant us to walk i wouldn't have given us bikes
    So you don't walk at all on holiday?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    tbh i may take the odd walk to the supermarket if i'm going to be carrying a lot

otherwise the longest walk is from the plane to meeting the driver
  • homers_double
    You can't beat a good walk with the Mrs on holiday.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Flâneur wrote:
    really is becoming a shoot week. friend remembered about the half ironman he entered us both for. I had hoped he had forgotten. Off to the Lakes I go

That sounds like effort.

I've done effort for the day :D

Weather is set to be pants.

Meh.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    Gonna catch a quick ride tonight (once I've taken some pliers to my bike) as the weather forcast here is pretty dismal.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Worked in Paignton and Torquay today.
    No amount of planting palm trees by the town councils can gloss over the fact these towns have a significant social problem. A couple of blocks back from the seafront tells the true story. Very sad.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    TLW1 wrote:
    Today is my Tuesday :(

Drive/ride commute again today, means I'm already hungry :( third cup of tea at my desk and I want biscuits...... Going to be a long day

Today improved with people bringing in food and then my parents visiting which resulted in a pub trip :)