edited May 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

inspired by t47's polishing of shiny things, i redid my bartape

once it's light, off for a long ride, with several cafe stops
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    It's a bright morning here as well, but cold with it, not going out for a ride until this evening
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,880
    Looks nice outside here, will find out if it's cold when I start running after I've finished tea

Plan is a 10 mile run to meet up with a pal who's serviced a bike for me - so then a shake down to get it home

The rest of the day is jobs, with the pub to follow
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,662
    It's warming up nicely in the tropical South East so I've taken the hound for a run in the park. A Sunday 'get fit in the park' class looked a bit bemused when Muttley joined in then burned them off. Later will be following the last day of the Premier League then it's a few weeks gap before the Euros kick off.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,413
    TLW1 wrote:
    Looks nice outside here, will find out if it's cold when I start running after I've finished tea

Plan is a 10 mile run to meet up with a pal who's serviced a bike for me - so then a shake down to get it home

Are you going to carry your cycling shoes? Dilemmas...

Toots are snuffly today so have to put up with soft play area to get rid of surplus energy. It's sunny but very cool.
    Giro later. See if TD can make up for yesterday's spectacular bonk in the ITT

Ciao.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Rucksack with shoes, helmet and obviously garmin
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Polished off my lunch :D

Went out on a bike.

The plumbing can now wait until tomorrow.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Are you taking the Garmin just in case you come across a pub on the way home?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,576
    did 108k in the end, wind outbound was brutal, but at least it's a tailwind coming back

roads are lousy with lumbering triathlopes, i wondered why then noticed a little yellow sign, bugger, ironman is next saturday, need to adjust my plans to make that a day without a long ride, and try to ignore the litter on the following days

made it back just in time for peak sunning hours, now it's time for a curry, yum
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Are you taking the Garmin just in case you come across a pub on the way home?

I don't need a garmin to find a pub
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,353
    Evening folks,
    Slow start was followed by a lazy day. Head not too bad considering the beer, red wine, limoncello, grappa and brandy that was drunk last night. Oh, and a glass of bubbly to start proceedings.
    Managed to watch a bit of the Giro today. The start was in Radda where we go on holiday quite often. Saw a friend's bar the another mate's house in the footage. Made me want to go on holiday even more. Hopefully it won't be raining in August.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Arrived back from Lanzarote last Monday and have since had a c**t of a week.
    New start tomorrow.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    team47b wrote:
    Polished off my lunch ..........

The plumbing can now wait until tomorrow.

hopefully the 2 aren't related!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    New start tomorrow.

Welcome back Bally. Did you meet sungod on the way through? Scrub that...

Last Monday?! What have you been doing?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pinno wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    New start tomorrow.

Didn't see him, but there again, bike hire shops were everywhere so he could have been amongst the throng of riders I saw daily.
    What have I been doing? The best bit of my week was having to get the boiler fixed. :cry:
    But onwards and upwards.
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    New start tomorrow.

...was having to get the boiler fixed. :cry:

You'll have to tell us how you got the old boiler fixed... :wink: