volcano saturday

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited May 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

after an evening of mostly beer, currently waiting for dawn to break over the lanzarote volcanoes

then, i shall ride
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

after an evening of mostly beer, currently waiting for dawn to break over the lanzarote volcanoes

then, i shall ride

Bikes or blokes?
  • tlw1
    Good night in Welsh Wales and now waiting for the wife to wake up before we get what I imagine to be a disappointing breakfast - because if they claim this room is 5 stars they are deluded

Going up Snowdon with the eldest, so should be fun. Later will be dinner on the way back and then a couple of pints in the local :)
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    TLW1 wrote:
    Good night in Welsh Wales and now waiting for the wife to wake up before we get what I imagine to be a disappointing breakfast - because if they claim this room is 5 stars they are deluded

Going up Snowdon with the eldest, so should be fun. Later will be dinner on the way back and then a couple of pints in the local :)

It is not the room, it is what you do in it.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

then, i shall ride

You never said where you went for your holiday then. Somewhere nice and classy or Lanzarote?
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Boy is at footy then out with the old nanny for post birthday treats this morning leading to girl, TDV, MF and The Hound chillin' time. In other words, domestic chores for MF while TDV, the girl and The Hound chill.

Bit of a weights session later then back into work early doors tomorrow am. That sucks.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Toots are going to a birthday party. Noise. Screaming. Bawling. Sugary food stuffs...

Later - recovery.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    ...because if they claim this room is 5 stars they are deluded

Can you see 4 stars through the missing bits of roof?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    It takes a while to adjust to the Welsh accommodation grading system. Although where we usually stay, £30 including full Welsh fry up for brekkie and free bike parking in the room is quite good vfm.

Busy with some charity fundraising stuff today which wifey roped me into the prep fpr last night so I am now tired. The neighbours are running the tapas and sangria stand there so will be helping them raise money later :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Had to stop and take a photo, sorry no bike in photo :D

DSC04403.jpg
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Rest in peace, they shall not be forgotten.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    Had to stop and take a photo, sorry no bike in photo :D

DSC04403.jpg

You could have placed the mixer tap in the middle.
  • tlw1
    FishFish wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

It is not the room, it is what you do in it.

That doesn't really work in a family room
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    and the Date scratched my car, an accident yes, offered to pay yes, still on the border of having another Date yes
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Will the scratch cost more than the new MTB? You have to consider these things.
    Good day. Slow start was followed by a lot of lying down. Unfortunately under the Mini, fixing a minor issue that got worse the more I uncovered previous owner screw ups. Then dinner at a mate's as continuation of his 50th celebrations. All was going well until the brandy and grappa came out.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Will the scratch cost more than the new MTB? You have to consider these things.
    Good day..... All was going well until the brandy and grappa came out.
    That never ends well.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    and the Date scratched my car, an accident yes, offered to pay yes, still on the border of having another Date yes
    Scratching your car and trying to stop you from going mountain biking? Unless she looks like a Mexican weather girl I reckon its time for this:

dumpster-dive.png

Unless you prefer to do it the cruddy way and dig a ditch.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Scratching your car and trying to stop you from going mountain biking? Unless she looks like a Mexican weather girl I reckon its time for this:

dumpster-dive.png

Unless you prefer to do it the cruddy way and dig a ditch.

Can't let a scratch go unpunished, even if she is getting you a new bike as when she next scratches your car she will be surprised if you punish
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I need grappa, any left over/ Still haven't brought myself to go look at my car and see what minor damage she has done but still enough to raise the serious questions.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    I need grappa, any left over/ Still haven't brought myself to go look at my car and see what minor damage she has done but still enough to raise the serious questions.
    I hate to say this, but based.on experience if a woman says she has 'scratched' your car, the only thing you can rule out is a total write off. And that's on the basis that she managed to drive it home :)

Suggest you take some valium then go and have a look...