fuh fuh fuh flying friday

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited May 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

at the gatwick hilton, where the internet works very well, head off to check-in soon, it's holiday time :)

could do with warm sunny weather for a couple of weeks, as my plan is simple:

ride in the morning, bask in the afternoon, repeat

hope you all have lovely time and no one falls off their bike
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    meh

May have enjoyed the ale too much last night, the wife woke me up at 5.30 with glee saying 'I thought you were taking it easy last night'

today is working from home mixed with the school run, then off to sunny Wales later to catch up with the current wife who is walking up Snowdon
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Enjoy the hols, no evening or night plans? Sounds tame.

Wife sounds like a keeper TLW, I mean who doesn't want to be woken at 5:30 by someone who is gleeful.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Got up at 5.45 for a ride, felt like I needed another four hours in bed so got back in.

FAIL...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Flâneur wrote:
    Wife sounds like a keeper TLW, I mean who doesn't want to be woken at 5:30 by someone who is gleeful.

:)

it was with a cup of tea and bacon sandwich
  • TLW1 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

:)

it was with a cup of tea and bacon sandwich

Definate keeper - as you get older you start to appreciate these things :wink:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Got up at 5.45 for a ride, felt like I needed another four hours in bed so got back in.

FAIL...

Try again at 9.45.

Meeting at 10am me.

I need a favour from someone in the Boston area... Maybe i'll post something in CS.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    Meh, I dont think I'll make it home in two minutes. Besides which tea will be delivered in (now) 16 minutes so I think I'll stay here.

May try to convince the boss that letting me out for a bit in the sun this afternoon will be good for morale.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Meh, I dont think I'll make it home in two minutes. Besides which tea will be delivered in (now) 16 minutes so I think I'll stay here.

May try to convince the boss that letting me out for a bit in the sun this afternoon will be good for morale.

Tell him you have a Chronic Vitamin D deficiency and that keeping you indoors is discriminatory.
  • homers_double
    I'm the boss here, I was refering to the one at home.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    I'm the boss here, I was refering to the one at home.

Tell her that she really could do with some retail therapy and then furnish her with a tenner as it goes along way in Barnardo's.
  • homers_double
    I took her to a charity shop for the blind the other day.

These clothes are awful, she said.

Doesn't matter if you cant see them...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    I took her to a charity shop for the blind the other day.

These clothes are awful, she said.

Doesn't matter if you cant see them...

Boom boom. You really need to get out on your bike.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Flâneur wrote:
    Wife sounds like a keeper.
    The word 'wife' should give you a clue as to her keeper status :wink:

On the way home now having left the minions to hold the fort. Unfortunately more work needed this afternoon.

In the meantime should wait for more mysterious posts from SG who is just gagging for one of us to ask him where is :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    you see, once you have a wife the next step is to lose her, how and in what fashion is your choice, I suggest contacting a divorce lawyer first though.

We care when Sun G went?

House sale all sorted and so MTB can be bought finally, feel like a child at Christmas, I may even make a counter for the days I wait, some of it just to bait in the canyon crowd
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    you see, once you have a wife the next step is to lose her, how and in what fashion is your choice, I suggest contacting a divorce lawyer first though.

We care when Sun G went?

House sale all sorted and so MTB can be bought finally, feel like a child at Christmas, I may even make a counter for the days I wait, some of it just to bait in the canyon crowd
    1. Agree

2. Not really

3. Delivered in time for July? :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    23rd July? At a wedding in the Ribble Valley, can't even sneak off
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Glorious day followed by so far a glorious late afternoon of eating. Weights session in a bit then vino and snoring on the agenda.

Ciao
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    The...afternoon.

In the meantime should wait for more mysterious posts from SG who is just gagging for one of us to ask him where is :)

Then we'll not bother. He's just spent time in Dubai shirking anyway.
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    23rd July? At a wedding in the Ribble Valley, can't even sneak off
    22nd and 23rd, but doubt that will change the end result for you.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Glorious day out in the sun, if a tad windy. 27 miles of tow paths and a few pubs. Supposed to be going to a beer festival but might fall asleep on the couch and save myself for tomorrow.
  • Flâneur
    yeah I got a you may want to go mtbing, but I can't stop you... as she walked away to bed
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:
    yeah I got a you may want to go mtbing, but I can't stop you... as she walked away to bed

You will not ever fully realise the depths of emotional blackmail of a woman.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

You will not ever fully realise the depths of emotional blackmail of a woman.
    True, but you have to get your priorities right :)