Suggestions for a 2nd hand CX bike

jjsh
jjsh Posts: 142
edited May 2016 in Cyclocross
Long term, I am thinking of getting a gravel / adventure bike to replace both my winter bike, and my hardtail MTB. Before I do this, I would like to buy a CX bike 2nd hand, to check that it can handle, and I feel comfortable riding, the terrain I currently use my MTB for. The idea would then be to sell this (hopefully without loosing to much money), my winter bike and my MTB, once I knew that it was a half decent idea.

I'm looking for something that will be around the £300 mark 2nd hand, perhaps a bit more, carbon forks would be nice, not too bothered about the groupset, as long as its 9 speed or above. I'm thinking along the lines of better quality with v brakes over lower end with disks. Any suggestions? Just makes and model names I can use to search ebay would be good.

Comments

• mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    As the season is now over, expect a good influx.

I sold my Boardman CX team recently, in pretty spotless condition and just serviced, for £375.
    Insert bike here:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    I found far more options for Rim brakes than Disks...unfortunately I'm short and living in Holland so I had very little choice anyway...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Edinburgh Bike Coops own brand cyclocross bike is only £350 new.

Other than that try the usual suspects like Boardman, Scott, Dolan, Focus.
  • pbassred
    pbassred Posts: 208
    mpatts wrote:
    I sold my Boardman CX team recently, in pretty spotless condition and just serviced, for £375.
    I just bought one for £350. I cant think why I would want to spent 3 time as much money on a new one. Does technology ever move that fast?
  • jjsh
    jjsh Posts: 142
    Just as an update to this, in the end, I opted to build my own in the end using a frame from flea bay and various bits and bobs. Quite happy with the result ~ but thanks for the suggestions.