OT-Great day, was planning on massively extending the commute home, but..

CoalTheCat
CoalTheCat Posts: 91
edited May 2016 in Commuting chat
The Stone Roses are releasing their first new music in over 20 years at 8pm this evening…

Anyone else excited/nervous?

Comments

• vimfuego
    vimfuego Posts: 1,783
    .......about the prospect of your epic commute?

;-)
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,242
    I had that about radiohead on Sunday.
  • CoalTheCat
    I had that about radiohead on Sunday.

Only head the 2 new tunes from RH so far. Back on form I'd say.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    In it for the money! I liked Ian Brown's solo stuff, shame. Still, I'll reserve judgment until I've heard the new stuff as its good that they won't just be going through the motions on a greatest hits parade.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Presumably you could extend your commute, arrive home as late as you want, and still listen to the Stone Roses? Or does the music get un-released at 8.15pm?
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • CoalTheCat
    BigMat wrote:
    In it for the money! I liked Ian Brown's solo stuff, shame. Still, I'll reserve judgment until I've heard the new stuff as its good that they won't just be going through the motions on a greatest hits parade.

Fair play to them, they made nothing like the money they should've done with bad management and dodgy contracts..
  • CoalTheCat
    TGOTB wrote:
    Presumably you could extend your commute, arrive home as late as you want, and still listen to the Stone Roses? Or does the music get un-released at 8.15pm?

That just makes too much sense..

:P
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,242
    The Dolphins were monkeys, that didn't like the land,

About as good as scooter.

It's not a bird, it's not a train.
    It must be Dave, who's on the train.
    Wanna wanna getcha gonna gonna getcha.
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    Stop at 8 o'clock on your extended commute - download - finish commute listening to new roses album using big speakers strapped to your back.

sorted.

On train tomorrow so will download myself!!
  • bigmat
    CoalTheCat wrote:
    BigMat wrote:

Fair play to them, they made nothing like the money they should've done with bad management and dodgy contracts..

Think they maybe didn't make the best use of what they did earn either - a lot gone on divorces and other bad habits. Is Reni back with them?
  • warreng
    warreng Posts: 535
    I managed to see them at Spike Island & Blackpool back in the day. I've never really forgiven them for Second Coming which was absolute drivel (the only decent song was an outtake from the first album). So I'm going to mow the lawn instead
    2015 Cervelo S3
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010
    2016 Genesis Croix de Fer
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    ...download myself!!
    latest%3Fcb%3D20140425045724
  • CoalTheCat
    BigMat wrote:
    CoalTheCat wrote:
    BigMat wrote:

Think they maybe didn't make the best use of what they did earn either - a lot gone on divorces and other bad habits. Is Reni back with them?

True and Yes.
  • CoalTheCat
    WarrenG wrote:
    I managed to see them at Spike Island & Blackpool back in the day. I've never really forgiven them for Second Coming which was absolute drivel (the only decent song was an outtake from the first album). So I'm going to mow the lawn instead

Second Coming has got better with time.
  • bigmat
    I still think The Seahorses were the band the Stone Roses could have been...
  • CoalTheCat
    BigMat wrote:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuN7kOW7iwo
  • cookeeemonster
    BigMat wrote:

In that case I'm glad they split when they did!!!

Ian Browns solo work (some great stuff there) was more a progression of the Roses in my opinion. Forward looking rather than looking back 30 years for inspiration
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    bompington wrote:
    ...download myself!!
    latest%3Fcb%3D20140425045724

That was a cracker.
  • talius
    talius Posts: 282
    Merckx EMX 5
    Ribble 7005 Audax / Campag Centaur

RIP - Scott Speedster S10
  • bigmat
    CoalTheCat wrote:
    BigMat wrote:

I'm glad that reference wasn't missed!
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    i fail too see anything good about that bands music
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • CoalTheCat
    itboffin wrote:
    i fail too see anything good about that bands music

Unlucky.
  • warreng
    The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry
    2015 Cervelo S3
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010
  • cookeeemonster
    BigMat wrote:
    CoalTheCat wrote:
    BigMat wrote:

I totally missed that - I'm assuming this was an alan partridge reference?
  • cookeeemonster
    yeah and the song itself...it's not too bad, more first album than second...or more like a b-side from a single off the first album probably.
  • CoalTheCat
    yeah and the song itself...it's not too bad, more first album than second...or more like a b-side from a single off the first album probably.

Kind of agree...

Having been brought up on the mean streets of Wilmslow in the late 80’s early 90’s The Stone Roses were the catalyst to our rebellion and the theme tune to my youth.

I have to say though, it took a few plays of the new tune last night before I got it. It’s an anthem. Really looking forward to the rest of the album now.
  • CoalTheCat
    WarrenG wrote:
    The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry

How is the lawn looking?
  • bigmat
    BigMat wrote:
    CoalTheCat wrote:
    BigMat wrote:

I was paraphrasing Alan's comment on Wings.
  • CoalTheCat
    BigMat wrote:
    BigMat wrote:
    CoalTheCat wrote:
    BigMat wrote:

I was paraphrasing Alan's comment on Wings.

Brilliantly as well… Chapeau bas..
  • warreng
    CoalTheCat wrote:
    WarrenG wrote:

How is the lawn looking?

I was quoting a review of Spinal Tap's Smell the Glove.

Lawn's ok
    2015 Cervelo S3
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010