disconnected to the point of thursday

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited May 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

much annoyance at the second day of no interweb service following virgin media's blatant lie that their maintenance work would only affect things for a few hours yesterday, currently it's a 4g world here

at least it's not raining

off for a coffee and read the cartoons in the paper

later on, head off to the hilton gatwick ready for the early flight tomorrow, it's holiday time :)
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    edited May 2016
    Does it work when it is up? Since moving I've got a worse connection speed, router is miles from the office and the wifi signal is junk so I am off to buy a new router

Edit, to avoid me moving forum sections, I need some BB grease, do I just buy more Park stuff?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Flâneur
    forgot the important part, pub (Telfords) after work tonight in the sun, may be an early dart
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Aching this morning after being ejected from my bike crossing a tram line. I knew they were there and I was being careful, but obviously not careful enough, because I got the angle just a little wrong and then I was on the floor. Scraped knee, hole in bib-tights, and a sprained hand. Bugger.

Bikes fine though :mrgreen:

The older I get, the better I was.

• Flâneur
    did anyone see you?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    Flâneur wrote:
    Does it work when it is up? Since moving I've got a worse connection speed, router is miles from the office and the wifi signal is junk so I am off to buy a new router

Edit, to avoid me moving forum sections, I need some BB grease, do I just buy more Park stuff?

it's usually fine as i'm in fibre-rich central london, but vm penny pinch, so when it's out you know you're in for a long wait

just get marine/waterproof grease
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • capt_slog
    Flâneur wrote:
    did anyone see you?

Yes :roll:

A pedestrian came to my aid, and the bus which was behind at the time stopped and the driver made sure I was ok. Yes, it was a bit humiliating, but it would have bothered me more had no-one cared.

GREASE.

I use a version similar to this stuff...
    omctripleguard.JPG

It's been on my windturbine for over 8 years and when I take it down periodically you maintenance, the grease is still there, looking nice and blue and not washed off.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    morning folks,
    Chemical warfare has broken out in these parts, nothing to do with me being on beer and curry again last night I'm sure. Was the first thing Slog did to look around and check if anyone had seen him tumble? Hope it's not too painful. Is the BB greasable fluffer? Most are sealed bearings now, although you may be able to prise the seals out. Don't need expensive bicycle specific grease.
    Bunking off early as it POETS day for me. Day off tomorrow riding the tow paths of the Wey and the Thames with a couple of mates. Various pub stops will be had.
  • Flâneur
    it is the adapter bit between the ceramic bb and the adapter. (S works bb86 thing)

As you say at least people cared, I'd have hoped nobody was around at all.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meh

In Solihull again, late conference call May Bugger up tonight's drinking plans :(
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    did anyone see you?

Yes :roll:

A pedestrian came to my aid, and the bus which was behind at the time stopped and the driver made sure I was ok. Yes, it was a bit humiliating, but it would have bothered me more had no-one cared.
    Always the way. I've had a few offs while commuting and inevitably there's someone there offering to help when you just wish they'd naff off and leave you alone.

Dinner last night was good as wifey miscalculated on her last shopping trip and told me at 6pm that there wasn't enough for me. Cue excuse to go out and get a Chicken Jalfrezi with poppadoms :) Now tucking into a massive buffet type salad thing at my desk and pretending to be healthy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wishing todays work away before heading to Budapest for a stag weekend tomorrow morning.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Now tucking into a massive buffet type salad thing at my desk and pretending to be healthy.
    No way I could even feign a healthy diet after the last few days. About to tuck into a chunk of bread pudding to go with my tea. Tomorrow may involve beer festival depending on how many pubs we visit on our ride. :oops:
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Last night, after a solid 5 day weekend on the beer I did what any sane person would do. Got on the red wine.

Tonight is the boys football match so I'm taking him there and doing some food shopping, I should dust the road bike down really but am struggling for time.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Flâneur wrote:

Pricey but excellent:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shimano-Works ... SwZJlXM0Bo

Last day carting Alu to Glasgow. Bye bye :D

Now sleep after getting up at silly o'clock and pedalling in a gale last night.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Flâneur
    Pinno wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Pricey but excellent:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shimano-Works ... SwZJlXM0Bo

Last day carting Alu to Glasgow. Bye bye :D

Now sleep after getting up at silly o'clock and pedalling in a gale last night.

Laters.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-premium-grease/rp-prod33663 cool, prob easier for me to get than finding somewhere with marine grease, unlike you grease monkeys I wear a suit to work and avoid labour manual or other
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    Dura Ace grease!!! Piña I'm surprised you're not advocating some special Campy grease made from gnomic ejaculate. You may wear a suit, but you're only avoiding manual for the time being. She'll soon be inventing headaches.
  • Flâneur
    she can pay for the builder and you'll find me on the bike or in the pub. Only task I have is to cook
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • capt_slog
    I look at the falling off thing in a different way I suppose.

I once fell over when I didn't unclip at some lights. It wasn't the classic 'forgot', I'd stopped and was holding onto a huge traffic cone which was on my left to keep upright. I didn't realise that the cone was moving until I was past the point of no return and I was sprawled out on the road. I'd have laughed until bubbles came out of my nose if I was a spectator *, and there were plenty. No-one helped and I was just glad to get out of the way, I fell off because I was a prat. I suppose anyone looking would have thought the same.

This one was different. Conditions were dark and wet, and it must have looked fairly cool in a way. To anyone around I was obviously a "chap undone by the conditions" sort of accident. The moment people don't stop and show a bit of compassion, I think will be the time to quit. Not cycling, just UK or life in general.

*(I'd have helped, but I'd be laughing too)

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    I have a tub of grease which I'm still using, I bought it in 1976 :shock:

It's still twenty years newer than my car.

Seems appropriate to use it on the 'new' bike build too :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    Capt Slog wrote:
    I... The moment people don't stop and show a bit of compassion, I think will be the time to quit. Not cycling, just UK or life in general.

Holy Batshit, chin up mate.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    team47b wrote:

I will bite....... New bike
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    team47b wrote:

I will bite....... New bike

'New' ROFL.

Keep up at the back mate:

viewtopic.php?f=40119&t=13063981#p19864903